How many speakers will be optimal for my room (pics and dimensions inside)

G

gaby95

Audioholic
Hello,
So I got this Onkyo TX-NR3010 because it has the power and Audyssey XT 32 that I wanted BUT it also has up to 11 speakers (2 with external amp) so since it has DTS Neo X which I read good things about (I understand it cannot match Atmos), I have been thinking, realistically how many speakers will be good for my current setting.

This is a work in progress I am putting together but screen size (12' wide) and Subwoofers behind the couch will not be changed so I am trying to figure out what my options are if any. I feel the ceiling is just to low maybe and the room not wide enough to work well with too many speakers but maybe I am wrong.

Anyways...the room is 14'-4" wide. The ceiling is around 7'-11" tall. I am sitting at an extreme 1:1 ration from the screen so 12'..my wife and I love the extra immersive experience of the screen size and subs behind us! Of course I would love 4K but one day... :D

So the Front speakers and Center are at 8' away from Main Centered sitting position. The Rear surround are also at 8' away while the side speakers are at 6'-5"

Do you guys think I will benefit at all from adding extra speakers for 9.3 or 11.3 even (also thinking about a future Atmos upgrade when prices drop so I can afford the power I want plus the extra features so may take a while)?
I do not own the house (not sure if I will buy it eventually or move) so for now, this will be as good as it gets aside from covering the rest of the ceiling with plastic and more black fabric plus beautifying it as much as possible.

Please let me know what you think! :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question, but that looks like some pretty serious subwoofing there.

G

gaby95

Audioholic
Thanks, I love that indeed and thanks to Audyssey is not a one note boom performance. :D

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Don't know answer for your question, what I myself would do is to configure up some nice 7.2 setup. And those subs behind the couch look sick! :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis