How Helpful Is Audioholics?

How Helpful Is Audioholics? -

• Audioholics is my last stop before purchasing new products.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Audioholics is extremely helpful in making purchasing decisions.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Audioholics is somewhat helpful in making purchasing decisions.

• Audioholics has no bearing whatsoever on making purchasing decisions.

• Total voters
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>We are looking for your general feedback as to how helpful our critical
reviews, supplementary articles and set-up tips are when making your
product decisions and would appreciate your participation in our
survey along with your commentary.  Thank you for your participation.</font>

B

BICHO

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I used to be a guest in audiholics only and after seeing the informational content of this site and its great aptitude towards helping the consumer be aware of the audio market that's out there. THank you for opening my eyes.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Randy Harman

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I had already purchased the Yamaha RX-V2400 before I read your review BUT learned quite a bit of new information from the review.</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>Good at helping me get familiar with new audio technology. Reviews only fair, based on the few I've read. When it comes to electronics (not speakers) I would prefer the emphasis to be on measurements and usability rather than subjective listening.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Um Rip, are you sure you have the right website? &nbsp;Almost all of our reviews discuss usability, and even provide set-up tips for the products in question. &nbsp;We do our best to make measurements based on the test equipment at our disposal. &nbsp;In fact with cables, we rarely discuss sonics and stick purely to objective facts and measurements.</font>

A. Vivaldi

A. Vivaldi

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I've learned a lot about some of the more negative things in the audio world, things few others are willing to address. I found your website by typing in "do high-end cables really make a difference" in yahoo search. I didn't even know your site exsisted. I was seeking "the other side of the story", which is surprisingly hard to do in todays audio, and I've found it. Your site has helped me to save money now, and avoid making mistakes in the future. On the other side of the coin, I'd like to see some more reviews. Some of the gear you've reviewed I'm not familiar with. I'd also like to see a little less emphasis on home theater mass-market products. &nbsp; &nbsp;
</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
gene : Um Rip, are you sure you have the right website?  Almost all of our reviews discuss usability, and even provide set-up tips for the products in question.  We do our best to make measurements based on the test equipment at our disposal.  In fact with cables, we rarely discuss sonics and stick purely to objective facts and measurements.
Yep, this is the place -- just a question of proportion! To be fair I have only read a few reviews so far. And I am a somewhat cranky objectivist.  

In fact, I was just going to check & see if you reviewed the Outlaw pre-pro...if not, hope you will. Looks like a bargain if it lives up to half their claims.

...aha! There it is in the "Attack of the Clone Processors"!</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>OK! OK! You're very useful!! Forgive me!!

Outlaw is looking better & better...but I must resist temptation for now...</font>

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Well, I just purchased a Yamaha RX-V2400 this morning ($899.00 USD) based on the Reviews and Forum chatter that I've been reading on this site. &nbsp;I used other sources also, but 75% of the data was from here.

I initially considered an Onkyo TX-DS989 and a Yamaha RX-Z1 but decided that I did not need that much horsepower; prices of course, on these two rigs were substantially higher!

The Yam 2400 will drive Definitive Mythos mains and centers and a couple of 10 year-old small Yamaha surrounds. &nbsp;A Panasonic E60 DVD recorder, tape deck, and plasma TV complete the set-up.

-GeorgeM</font>

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I have found this site to be a great deal of help as well as an educating experience. I find the reviews to be unbiased & objective. In fact, some of the technical data supplied in a few of the reviews has gotten me to delve into some of my old electronics books for refreshment. Fun!!</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I've been a reader for two plus years, found you as I was shopping. It was great to have the terminology explained as I made the jump from two to 5 channel. I hadn't even looked at stuff for fifteen years! You sort through the BS well. I would like even more equipment reviews as yours are good and the magazines generally worthless. Thanks a ton.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I have to say I was skeptical about buying a new A/V receiver until I read the Yamaha RX-V2400 review here. &nbsp;HTMag made this receiver out to be a bit of a dog with respect to its power capabilities, but you did a great job explaining what was really going on. &nbsp;I am now a proud owner. &nbsp;Many thanks and keep it up!</font>

K

Kenwatch

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I like the site. I find a lot of information that I need. I think that it's not good to emphasize too much and too often those top of the line (THE UNTOUCHABLES) pieces of equipment. I am sure that everybody likes them and dreams about having them but we are still living in a real world. Even if I love so much a perfect sound/song, I will probably never be in the position (mental and financial) of spending $20,000 for a receiver or a DVD player. For the rest, I think you guys, you do a good job. I like those articles about DVD-Audio versus SACD and the snake oil for cables. Maybe more of those would be nice.</font>

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Although I enjoy the Audioholics web site and find it useful, I note a disturbing trend toward the melding of equipment reviews and advertising, which bring Audioholics' integrity into question.
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;For example, if you look at today's (March 9) home page, at the top you will see a review for the Yamaha 2300 Mark II, and right next to it an advertisement for Axiom. &nbsp;Yet the two features are side-by-side, with nothing to distinguish one of them as a purportedly independent review and the other as paid advertising.</font>

<font color='#000080'>Of course they are both a form of advertising. Was that somehow unclear? The Yamaha review is featured (unpaid) because it is a hot review and is filling space for a couple weeks until our next paid advertiser is scheduled to fill the slot.

I don't understand your concern. It is our contention that, while our advertising department attempts to bring in revenue so that we can feed our families, our review department review products honestly and is straightforward in every way.

This is common practice with all audio magazines currently on the market.</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Makes sense to me! I love it all! I can't get enough of this site! My only problem with the site is it keeps me from my audio!
</font>

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Of course they are both a form of advertising. Was that somehow unclear?</td></tr></table>
Yes, it was unclear to me, because I thought that the Yamaha review was an independent, unbiased review and not a form of advertising. &nbsp;I knew from the constant repetition that the Axiom ad was advertising. &nbsp;There's nothing wrong with advertising, as long as it is clear that it is what it is. &nbsp;That's why print media often label ambiguous material as advertising. &nbsp;Thank you for the explanation.</font>

<font color='#000080'>I can see the confusion. We actually have a vested interest in promoting our own articles, hence the Yamaha promotion. It's a new review and it's a hot topic - so we put it up top for a while.

Our hope, is that reading our reviews reveals that we're really not biased and will seriously critique anything that comes our way.</font>

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

<font color='#000000'>I enjoy almost every aspect of this website. Sometimes I feel like some attention needs to be given to main stream audio products. I realize that the products you review are in a totally different class. &nbsp;However, not all of us feel the need to spend $5k+ on seperates just to have the HT experience. I am not talking about $45 junk dvd players, or cheap HTIBs. Reviews on products that we all can afford will be very helpful.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis