how hard it is to find DIY shops

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I've been looking for about a week now for a good local DIY shop for speaker accessories.  It's nuts trying to find such a place, let alone all the bad references I get.

Considering all I'm looking for is a specific terminal cup for my BR-1 set to replace the crappy spring terminals I got with them...that's a whole other story though.  Even for the nice ability to possibly be able to just drive 10 mins and get a replacement tweet or woofer, should anything bad happen is practically heaven.

Frustrating to say the least, but no point in gettting angry really, i'll just take my frustrations out in a quick round of RtCW on the ol PC.

</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>Steve,

I think your going to have to go online. I too have never been able to find a good &quot;brick and mortar&quot; DIY shop. &nbsp;After all, it's long drive to Dayton.

Rob</font>

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Back at my old home, i Indiana, there was a really nice speaker repair shop that sold all sorts of goodies to anyone who walked in. &nbsp;You wnated replacement drivers for your speaker, he's got it. &nbsp;Your looking to troubleshoot a problem with your do-it-yourself speaker project, he'll give you some advice. &nbsp;If you need a few parts to fix that crossover or whatever is wrong, he usually has it, if not he can order it.

Needless to say, having shops like that around was great, and I'm amazed they aren't as common as I would have thought they were.</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
Yeah, other than what you can find at Radio Shack, you're SOL for local DIY sources unless you're very lucky. DIY means lots of catalog and online shopping.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
There is a good one here in the DC area (The Speaker Factory, Rockville MD) but I admit I've never seen any others anywhere else I've lived. Parts express seems like a good place to start though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis