How are you Guys using to recievers?!

H

HurleyBC

Audioholic Intern
i understand that a lot of guys on here are running there towers from seperate recievers? I have a sony de model receiver and am purchasing a yamaha 750 in the next few days. I was just curious how you guys do this? I have 5 satelite energy speakers and two towers and was hoping to run 7.1 how would u do this using to recievers? I am new to this and was just curious if someone could fill me in on pros and cons and enlighten me on how this works? Does one reciever control the both?

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
receiver as amp

There are various ways to to do this that achieve the same basic result. Essentially you use the second receiver as you would an amplifier by sending it line level signals and using it to drive two of the speakers.

One way to do this is to send the pre-outs of the left and right main channels from the primary receiver to a cd input, for example, of the secondary receiver. You would then need to use a db meter, or an attentive ear, and set the appropriate volume level for the secondary receiver at listening levels to balance it with the rest of your system.

Peppy

Peppy

Junior Audioholic
How much you will pay for the yammie? I have the Denon 3805 and it run 7.1 without any problem and it's very easy to set up. Download the owner manuel of the receiver you looking at, you should be able to see if and how you can set up a 7.1 speaker mode with that model.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis