gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I liked the episode for the most part. The doctor opening up to House on his fathers death bed ws very touching. But House being locked away and attending therapy with crazy people kinda made him too vulnerable and non super human for my taste. I love this show so I am looking forward to whats next. Here is hoping.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I liked the episode for the most part. The doctor opening up to House on his fathers death bed ws very touching. But House being locked away and attending therapy with crazy people kinda made him too vulnerable and non super human for my taste. I love this show so I am looking forward to whats next. Here is hoping.
Yes, it was a very good premier with its sensitive parts.
Some of the shorts on the upcoming shows looks interesting:D

N

newaudiofile

Audioholic
There was a 2 hour season premier? How come nobody told me.

Nobody tells me anything. I'm yet to see the first episode to this season. :D

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I have also watched all the seasons of Scrubs and House. Love em both, you can't go wrong with Zach Braff.

To the OP if you are looking to fill the void of Scrubs no longer airing I would check out Psych. Just started watching it and it has the same "feel", very funny show.

Abd I loved the premier of House. Half way through I thought it was over and I giggled with glee when my girlfriend informed me that it was a 2 hour special. After that I stood up and clapped at the end, it was that good.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I have also watched all the seasons of Scrubs and House. Love em both, you can't go wrong with Zach Braff.

To the OP if you are looking to fill the void of Scrubs no longer airing I would check out Psych. Just started watching it and it has the same "feel", very funny show.

Abd I loved the premier of House. Half way through I thought it was over and I giggled with glee when my girlfriend informed me that it was a 2 hour special. After that I stood up and clapped at the end, it was that good.
I have filled my scrubs void with How I Met Your Mother. Best, Sitcom, Ever.

To Redass,

Yes, nothing did happen, if you overlook House dealing with his broken self, and making huge strides to being normal. Nothing, Indeed.

Seriously, that was the whole point to the 2 hour premier, to get the rehabilitation part out of the way. Now we can see how he deals with this new persona in the real world. Also, the best 2 horus of TV I've watched since back to back Simpsons treehouse of horror episodes.

SheepStar

N

newaudiofile

Audioholic
I have filled my scrubs void with How I Met Your Mother. Best, Sitcom, Ever.

To Redass,

Yes, nothing did happen, if you overlook House dealing with his broken self, and making huge strides to being normal. Nothing, Indeed.

Seriously, that was the whole point to the 2 hour premier, to get the rehabilitation part out of the way. Now we can see how he deals with this new persona in the real world. Also, the best 2 horus of TV I've watched since back to back Simpsons treehouse of horror episodes.

SheepStar
Yeah I looking forward to how House is going to handle his first patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Are people still watching? I'm surprised House is still going strong without pills. He is not quite as nice as he first was, but still much different.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Are people still watching? I'm surprised House is still going strong without pills. He is not quite as nice as he first was, but still much different.

SheepStar
i am. he's kinda boring now without his addiction :D

and i wonder if chase would go to jail before the season ends :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I used to love this show.

I've basically stopped watching because "Thirteen" gets on my nerves really bad. I also wish House never had the addiction and was just a brilliant jerk doctor. 3 seasons of him insulting people and then off the air would have been brilliant/perfect, but no, they will run the show in to the ground over 8 years or so to suck money out of it. It still has good points but I don't like watching 4 episodes to get 1 good one. JMO

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
This show has become so cookie cutter it's almost annoying.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
This show has become so cookie cutter it's almost annoying.
You must mean, how in the first couple minutes, somebody gets sick. Meanwhile, House is insulting somebody. The person comes to the hospital, gets repeatedly tested while other doctors think they have solved the problem, but no...House insults and abuses more co-workers AND looks pathetic now and again and flashes some eyes at Cutty. With 10 minutes to go, the certain diagnosis happens but the person gets even worse, right up to the doorstep of death...then House insults somebody, gets an "Aha" moment, orders and urgent halt to the treatment and orders a radically different treatment. By the time the commercial is ready to roll, things are good again, patient's on the mend, House is still a grouch and the world moves on.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
You must mean, how in the first couple minutes, somebody gets sick. Meanwhile, House is insulting somebody. The person comes to the hospital, gets repeatedly tested while other doctors think they have solved the problem, but no...House insults and abuses more co-workers AND looks pathetic now and again and flashes some eyes at Cutty. With 10 minutes to go, the certain diagnosis happens but the person gets even worse, right up to the doorstep of death...then House insults somebody, gets an "Aha" moment, orders and urgent halt to the treatment and orders a radically different treatment. By the time the commercial is ready to roll, things are good again, patient's on the mend, House is still a grouch and the world moves on.

Yep...pretty much.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
is that a new plot? :eek::rolleyes:;)

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
And yet we've sat your 5 seasons of it. Hard to sell the it's not good enough argument if you still live with it.

SheepStar
My wife is the fan, not I. I can walk by and set my watch by the stage of the plot line. She thinks she will outguess him, but once the scriptwriters pull up some pathological arcana like "non-malignant amygdalaitic hypotrophy" she realizes that she never had a chance. I think they have a reverse reference book where you look up the cause of any 3 symptoms like green toenails + severe headache + Sarcozy syndrome = Epichondrial hypospondiasis. I should apply for a writing job there.

Last edited:
zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
... she realizes that she never had a chance...
I watch the show, and I like it quite a lot despite its many faults. But right here you hit on one of the biggest problems: 90% of the time, there's simply no possible way that anyone, not even a true genius diagnostician, could figure out the medical mystery before some important piece of information is revealed with 5 minutes to go. I learned in the first season not to even bother getting sucked into the medical mystery.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis