Hot off the presses, Sound United is acquiring Onkyo/Pioneer

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well judging from the Zero stock of Pioneer or Onkyo entry level stocks in Europe this is either optimistic or assume Covid19 is responsible? Looking at the many complaints over reliability in Marantz reviews I'm starting to fear for my options for a next affordable amp. What the hell is going on?
Yeah a global pandemic has made sourcing things difficult. I saw an article that demand for electronic components for consumer articles are surging along as well as some other industries....it wasn't this article I saw but same sort of thing https://www.livemint.com/technology/tech-news/chips-are-in-hot-demand-and-that-s-a-problem-11610731545599.html

I ordered a particular bike part in early November, was out of stock but due in between 12-22nd, then moved to sometime in January maybe, now maybe late spring.....bicycles being another industry that covid has increased demand in.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
China said they're back to normal, I seriously doubt it. People will have to re-think their definitions of 'want' and 'need' because it's going to take a while to return to anything that resembles the ability to buy and sell on demand.

A

AndYL

Audiophyte
Yeah a global pandemic has made sourcing things difficult. I saw an article that demand for electronic components for consumer articles are surging along as well as some other industries....it wasn't this article I saw but same sort of thing https://www.livemint.com/technology/tech-news/chips-are-in-hot-demand-and-that-s-a-problem-11610731545599.html

I ordered a particular bike part in early November, was out of stock but due in between 12-22nd, then moved to sometime in January maybe, now maybe late spring.....bicycles being another industry that covid has increased demand in.
Meanwhile obnoxious profiteer scam sellers like this crop up to trap the unwary - a 300 Euro amp for 1250? Sickeniing

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Meanwhile obnoxious profiteer scam sellers like this crop up to trap the unwary - a 300 Euro amp for 1250? Sickeniing
You forgot what looks to be 352 in shipping on top of that and its one "other seller" rather than Amazon DE (Amazon US doesn't have any for sale at all). If you're that unwary you deserve to be fleeced....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis