Hooking up Surround sound system to my PT-47W42

G

<font color='#000000'>Hi,

A bit of a newby here so please excuse my ignorance.

Bought a RCA Home Theatre system for my new HDTV. &nbsp;Hooked it up and as long as I am using the included DVD player I get great sound, but when watching HBO or other broadcast media I get no surround sound. &nbsp;It only plays through the TV speakers and 2 of the 5 home theatre speakers. &nbsp;

I have a feeling that when they intalled the HDTV cable box it was not done properly as when I &nbsp;look at instructions to my TV it shows coax hook ups as opposed to the RCA plugs that the tech used to hook it up.

I know it is not right but not sure what to do to fix it.

Any help and information would be appreciated.

Dave</font>

F

Forger

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>horrorfan
unless the program is broadcast in 5.1 you'll only get stereo. But if you're receiver has Dolby Pro Logic II, this will give you &nbsp;surround sound from a two channle program. Also,have you set up your receiver. Also a digital coax cable and an RCA cable look the same. So if you have what looks like a RCA cable plugged into your digital coax it's ok. A digital coax cable may have more sheilding but the RCA will do the same thing. Do you have audio connections going from your tv to your receiver and from your cable/satilite box to your receiver.This will give you what you're looking for. Once this is done,TURN IT UP.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis