H

havanese

Audiophyte
I have a Yamaha Receiver, a Spectrum Cable Box, a Blue Ray DVD Player and a Panasonic HD Tv. Recently the cable company came out and now my sound is coming out of my tv and not coming through my surround system/speakers. They told me to buy an audio optical cable (as mine was not connected) which i did and hook it up from the cable box to the receiver and still I cannot control the sound coming out of the receiver?
My tv does have hdmi ports (though it's an older big screen tv approx. 10 years old). My receiver is older as well (probably 15 years old)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
What is the model of the receiver and TV? How exactly are they all connected together?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Also model number of cable box might help, as well as model of the player.....usual first thing is to list all your brands/models so we can look at manuals etc

H

havanese

Audiophyte
What is the model of the receiver and TV? How exactly are they all connected together?
Toshiba SD6109C - Receiver
Panasonic TH 50PX8OU
Spectrum 201 (newest box)
Sony Blue Ray DVD
Speakers//subWoofer

H

havanese

Audiophyte
Panasonic TH 50PX8OU
Sony Blue Ray DVD
Speakers//subWoofer

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
What about the Yamaha receiver from the original post?

H

havanese

Audiophyte
All worked great until I changed out cable box and the service man from Spectrum detected that the optical cable
(that was coming out of the receiver was not attached to any other component). He told me to buy a new one (since the plastic on the one end was broken) and to install it into the cable box). Can't thank you all enough for any help you can supply.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Panasonic TH 50PX8OU
Sony Blue Ray DVD
Speakers//subWoofer
If the optical cable is broken, a new one will be needed to connect the Spectrum box to the Toshiba receiver. Make the appropriate settings in the Spectrum box to output the desired sound.

H

havanese

Audiophyte
If the optical cable is broken, a new one will be needed to connect the Spectrum box to the Toshiba receiver. Make the appropriate settings in the Spectrum box to output the desired sound.
I did buy a new optical cable and it is attached as you indicate - spectrum box to toshiba receiver. silly question, but how do i access the spectrum box to change the setting?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Look in the setup menus in the cable box and check the audio settings.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis