hook up sacd to denon 3802

H

hibbs

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I am buying the pioneer dv-563 all in one dvd player sacd,dvd-a ect. wondering how to hook up? do I go &nbsp;into optical on denon 3802 or do I need to run 6 cables to direct input channels? your answers would be appreciated thanks tom</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>So far as I know, you need to use 6 interconnects if you plan on using SACD/DVD-A. &nbsp;But you might want to use digital as well unless you want your DVD player to do the decoding for movies....</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I just bought the same all-in-one player you mentioned. &nbsp;It's an awesome unit that can't be beat for the price - check out what people have to say about it on audioreview.com

For DVD-A and SACD playback you will NEED the 5.1 output directly connected to the 5.1 input (if you have it) on your receiver. &nbsp;There will be no sound output through optical with either of these formats. &nbsp;You can have just stereo sound with only two RCA cables, but since these formats take advantage of 5.1 surround you might as well get that connected as such.

For DVD movies, you can either use the built in DD/DTS decoding or hook up the optical out to your receiver. &nbsp;I'd reccommend using the receiver because likely it has way more processing options than the limited selection that the player has built into it.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis