home theatre in a box. Stereo or multichannel?

M

MrPirate2882

Junior Audioholic
ive bought a 'home theatre in a box' from pionneer. it has a feature which adjusts itself depending on whether its stereo or multichannel or you can override it (for dolby PLII).
im connecting it optically via my pc. the line in (line 2) on my dvd reciever player box is a toslink. will it decode the signals from the pc, and if so will it decode in multichannel?
when i bought the system i assumed digital was digital and it would represent the sound but reading the booklet that came with it it seems to mention using cd players, md players and NOT dvd players or pcs for that matter.
i wanted to get rid of all the boxes in my lounge and feed the 5.1 sound through the pioneer instead of the cheap creative pc speakers i had.
can i do it? will it work? will the box light up and say 'dd digital 5.1' on the front when i connect it to the pc.

bearing in mind its not a 'PROPER' home reciever, rather a theatre-in-a-box. but seeing as though its got an optical in, WILL it recieve Dolby 5.1?

help would be appreciated before i spend any more money. cheers.

(the one i have is a pioneer dv222) :rolleyes:

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I belive that it should get a DD5.1 signal as long as you're sending it one. Keep in mind that when you play normal music on the PC, it's only 2 channel, so you won't get the DD5.1.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis