home theater upgrade

K

Knight99

Audiophyte
Hi everyone,
I would need comment, advice, to upgrade my home theater mostly my receiver since it seems already outdated in sound format and 4k (hope message not too long ..;0)
Existing equipment:

Receiver : Cambridge audio CXR 200 ( i use it to power center speaker, rear speaker and subwoofer)
Power amplifier: Cambridge Azur 851W class XD Power amplifier (i use it to power my floor standing speaker)
Speaker : 2 Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 floor standing in front, Contour S R rear speakers, Contour SC as center speaker and Martin Logan In Depth I subwoofer
Cables: Transparent Cable Company
Blue ray player: Cambridge Azur 752BD
4K Player : Panasonic DMP-UB900 bought a few monts ago with the tv.
4K OLED TV: 65 inches Panasonic TC-65EZ950C

i love the sound but my CXR 200 is not up to date in sound and picture format (4K,HDR Dolby vision DTS-x and upcoming new format.......
So i am looking to update my receiver and maybe go with separate component and found those:

Lexicon MC-10 Surround Sound AV Processor
Emotiva RMC-1 Surround sound AV Processor
Anthem AVM60 Surround sound AV processor

Should i keep my AZUR 851W power amplifier to power my floorstanding speaker and buy a 3 chanels power amplifier like the Anthem MCA325 or get rid of the cambridge and buy a new power amplifier with 5 channel like Anthem MCA 525 or other brand ?

Should i keep everything i have and wait for something new coming even if something new comes every year..;) or i keep what i have and try to twick the system to be at its peak.
What about Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo/Integra, Denon, Sony, Pioneer, etc. would those brand give me a better sound that what i have right now...not sure..
So any comment advice would be appreciate

Thanks

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think the 2 biggest factors will be EQ and Reliability.

Anthem has ARC, Emotiva and Lexicon have Dirac, Denon and Marantz have Audyssey XT32, and Yamaha has YPAO.

If you don’t like any EQ (like me and TLS Guy), then you will use Bypass/Through mode, which means all these Pre-Pros will sound about equal.

3 people on this forum have used the Denon AVP-A1HDCI pre-pro for about 8-9 years before changing. Gene (our fearless leader) went to the Yamaha CX-A5100 and MX-A5000. He is upgrading to the CX-A5200. I also went to the Yamaha CX-A5100 and MX-A5000. Grassy went to the McIntosh MX160.

For reliability and HDMI compatibility, I am under the impression/opinion that Yamaha has the edge for now. But I have not done much research on Lexicon or Anthem.

@M Code might shed some light.

K

Knight99

Audiophyte
Thanks for the info and it helped will continue my search will see for Yamaha

M

MichiganExplorer1981

Enthusiast
Over the last few years Emotiva has been pushing new boundaries and their customer service is really fantastic.
You can’t go wrong with Yamaha. Sony has improved slightly over the last 2-3 years and their user interface is probably the easiest to use.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis