Home Theater System Rec's

J

jlmoon

Audiophyte
Greetings all:

I'm not an audiophile, so keep that in mind with your comments. I'm almost all the way there on buying an onkyo ht-s770 home theater in a box deal at circuit city. I like this system because of its receiver and secondarily because of its speakers. I could however be talked out of it and into something else that is about the same money (around $450). The thing is, it has to be at circuit city (at least part of it does) as I have $150 in circuit city gift cards. I understand that this system has some limitations and drawbacks, but for the money I haven't been able to find anything more highly recommended. I'll be using the system mostly to watch movies, tv, and xbox, but I'm sure some music CDs will be included as well. Any rec's for or against?

Thanks.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
From what I have been looking at, that package is one of the best entry level packages on the market. Simple straightforward design that gives you a lot of value for your money.

My brother was looking several months ago for HTIB solutions and that is what I came up with after a fair amount of looking. It's not a 'pretty' system, but you actually get what you pay for as far as halfway decent audio and a more realistic sub.

My vote is that you should get it. Check online pricing BEFORE you buy from the store. Just double check www.circuitcity.com as the current online price is about 400 bucks even - not 450.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Is that the one with the buit in dvd player? CC is where i started because they had the trade up policy for spkrs. If the spkrs come with the receiver at some point if you trade up you will have to trade the whole package but by then you will be ready for a more powerful receiver anyway. :)

J

jlmoon

Audiophyte
Actually no it doesn't have a built in DVD player (which I actually consider to be a plus). Thanks for the comments guys.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis