Home Theater Suggestions

B

Bobby C

Audiophyte
Hi all!
New to forum and just looking for some advice.

I am currently looking to buy a new AVR and Speakers. I have spent quite abit of time researching and listening to various speakers

I was planning on buying the Denon X4500H.
My preference for speakers is the Elac Debut F6.2 2.0 floor and Elac Debut B6.2 2.0 rears.
I'm planning on buying the Elac C6.2 center and either the 3010 or 3030 Sub.
My second option was the Paradigm SE 6000f.

I still have alot of older good quality center speakers...the Infinity Primus C25 and a Paradigm CC100..
I also own a pair of Paradigm Atom book shelves (15 years old).

My old receiver was a Integra 5.4..
I also have a Yamaha AX 930 integrated amp.

So my questions are...
Should I start over complete with Elacs..if so do I need the Elac center or will either of the ones I have be better?
Or go with the Paradigm SE 6000F and use one of my two existing centers..and the Atom with a new sub.??

I listen to alot of music and enjoy a ton home theater. Probably 60%HT a d 40%music.

You can probably guess my budget range and range of speakers that I can afford at this point.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Hi all!
New to forum and just looking for some advice.

I am currently looking to buy a new AVR and Speakers. I have spent quite abit of time researching and listening to various speakers

I was planning on buying the Denon X4500H.
My preference for speakers is the Elac Debut F6.2 2.0 floor and Elac Debut B6.2 2.0 rears.
I'm planning on buying the Elac C6.2 center and either the 3010 or 3030 Sub.
My second option was the Paradigm SE 6000f.

I still have alot of older good quality center speakers...the Infinity Primus C25 and a Paradigm CC100..
I also own a pair of Paradigm Atom book shelves (15 years old).

My old receiver was a Integra 5.4..
I also have a Yamaha AX 930 integrated amp.

So my questions are...
Should I start over complete with Elacs..if so do I need the Elac center or will either of the ones I have be better?
Or go with the Paradigm SE 6000F and use one of my two existing centers..and the Atom with a new sub.??

I listen to alot of music and enjoy a ton home theater. Probably 60%HT a d 40%music.

You can probably guess my budget range and range of speakers that I can afford at this point.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
That Denon would be a great addition. Speaker selection is solid and would be a nice upgrade. I see on the Paradigm website that the 6000F's are on sale for $375. Paradigm has a 5.1 setup going for $1535. That is a great price for an upgrade. Grab that Denon and you have a whole new setup for under $2800. Which is dirt cheap in the HT/Audio world when upgrading.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis