Home Theater Speakers/BIC?

S

Seth Morrison

Enthusiast
I'm trying to decide on what speakers to go with for my home theater. Obviously this is all preference and everyone will have theirs but fire away! I'm really interested in the BIC DV64's and DV84's (not sure what the difference is) and the F12 or H100 subwoofer. A friend of mine also told me to check out the JBL ES150 and ES250 subs, and their tower speakers as well. I'm a bit new to home theater design and as you know, it's quite overwhelming making decisions on what to get! Any advice/help is much appreciated. Thanks!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Seth,
If you can tell us your budget, we can give you some better options.

Have you already bought the Onkyo? If not you may want to consider other options because the Onkyo AVR's have a reputation for overheating/failure. That may not be true of the 444 you are getting. I'm not sure if it is certain models or across the board.

As for the speakers, you can do much worse, but you can also do much better.

If you give us the following info, we'll come up with good options for you:
1) Budget and items you need to buy with that budget.
2) Percent music/HT (50% music/50% HT, for example).
3) How large is your room (give us length, width, and height).
4) How many speakers are you planning to use.
5) Would a center go under or over your screen (or behind if you are getting an acoustically transparent screen). Are their dimensional restrictions on the center? (for example only 7" between the bottom of the screen and the top of the console where the center will sit).

That should get the ball rolling.

S

Seth Morrison

Enthusiast
I'd say the majority will be movies/tv/sports, and PS4, but definitely music as well. So a decent blend of those.
My room is 19x16.
I'm planning on doing a 5.1.
I haven't gone as far to decide to put the center speaker over or under the screen, but could probably do either.
As far as budget, obviously the price and some good reviews are why the BIC stuff caught my eye.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis