Home Theater Set up; Denon 5600, Denon DVD3000, Klipsch

R

RSBolin

Audiophyte
I want to make sure I have my home theater set up the best way possible. My system consists of Denone avr5600THX, Denon DVD3000, Pair of Klipsch Horns, Belle Klipsch, pair of Klipsch KG3.5. I am using the Klipsch Horns as front left and right, KG3.5 Rear left and right. I have not connected the Belle Klipsch yet since I just moved into a new house in a new city and have not had the time.

What is the best set up/configuration for this system. I also have a Toshiba TheaterWide 50" HDTV and a DirectTV HD Receiver connected to the Denon AVR unit.

Since I receonnected everything after unpacking I get great Audio soundtrack from the DVD movies but no vocal sound. In other words, the music track is great everything else sounds way off.

Advice, please.

snickelfritz

snickelfritz

Junior Audioholic
You need to set the center channel to "Phantom" mode, or install a center channel speaker.
The problem is that your AV receiver is routing center channel information(most of the vocals in movies) to a speaker that does not exist. This is probably why vocals are hard to hear.

R

RSBolin

Audiophyte
Before I moved I had the Belle Klipsch sitting to the side rear of the room connected as the Center Channel. I know it is not the best thing to do but I did not want the Belle sitting idle. I would rather have a Center Channel Speaker than use the Belle for this solution. Do you have a recommendation for inclusing the Bell Klipsch in my set up?

Denon AVR5600
Denon DVD3000
Klipsch Horn (pair)
Klipsch K3.5 (pair)
Bell Klipsch

snickelfritz

snickelfritz

Junior Audioholic
Use the Belle in the rear of the room as a fullrange 6th channel.
Your receiver almost certainly has the amplifiers and circuits for this.

Personally, I'd try to find a way to use it as a center channel, since it should match your Klipschorns nicely in terms of efficiency and voicing.

R

RSBolin

Audiophyte
Thanks!

I will set the Belle Klipsch as the center speaker. It will have to go to the side of one of the cabinets instead of the rear side. Thank you for the advice.

Ron

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I would highly recommend the Reference Series RC7 to match the efficiency of your other speakers. This center speaker will have no problem keeping up with your other Klipsch speakers!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis