home theater seating?

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
anyone know of a brand or company that sells decent quality home theater seating at a reasonable price? I'd rather it be in the Kansas City area, but an online place may work, just rather be able to sit in it before I bought it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Spiffyfast said:
anyone know of a brand or company that sells decent quality home theater seating at a reasonable price? I'd rather it be in the Kansas City area, but an online place may work, just rather be able to sit in it before I bought it.

Not off hand I don't but have you visited any area A/V shops to see what they have? Google search?

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Is Costco in St. Louis? I've seen some nice seating at reasonable prices at my local Costco.

M

MAX661

Audioholic
You can try HTAuthority.com for some nice cheap theater seats. Or you can go with the popular brands like Berkline and Palliser which can be found at most any furniture store. But they will cost you twice as much as HT authority.

Hope this helps.

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
There are one seat listening room setups to maximize the sweat spot. For instance,

but my favorite remains:

or, this angle:

Can I offer you a Grand Marnier, dear?

I may be slightly off topic... seating, you say?

W

WHALER

Audioholic Intern
Ekornes Stressless (leather & wood) from Norway chair/ottoman $1,750 each and these are top of the line from Mauk's of Jonesborough TN and I bought four with matching wood tables. No tax and free delivery. Simply the best. You deserve them - life is short.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I have 8 of the La-z-boy home theater recliners in my home theater. I think they ran $4,500 for the 8 of them. La-z-boy was having a deal with 10% off special orders (which these always will be) and 24 month free financing. We got the arrangement with 2 rows of 4 seats. The two center seats in each row are love seats with an individual seat on each end. We have a blue microsuade finish with stain gaurd (highly recommended - saved me when I spilled a glass of red wine on it). Here is the link: http://www.la-z-boy.com/ourfurniture/collections/home_theater.aspx We love them. Very comfortable and the backs are the right height to support your head but not interfer with the sound from the rear surrounds.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
HT on the cheap . . .

If you are on a budget, just go for a nice leather couch or loveseat from costco or any furniture store. This way you'll have 3 seats for less than $1K and the couch is usable as regular furniture in another room. So what if it doesn't have built in cup holders. You can add some buttkickers later to convert it into real HT furniture.

For high end, AH likes Continental Seating and gene is putting it in his new house.
http://www.continentalseating.com/

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis