Home Theater Room building prob?

S

Stormwolf

Enthusiast
I am building a home theater room in my basement. I picked the largest area with the least amount of plumbing (plus area has a gas fireplace). However this are does have the main water line in it. I was wondering how to cover this up while keeping soundproofing as a main concern. I have read many of the threads here and am going with the double sheetrock. But if I do this on the ceiling and I get a leak where that one line runs BIG MESS to fix. So thats my dilema. I will attempt to place a drawing of my approximate dimensions of room (top of my head as am at work). Thanks in advance for any input.

Hmm not sure how to get a pic in here... I'll attempt a drawing with letters

22'
I--i I 15'
I----------------------I I
15' -- I
DOOR -- I
I-------I
7'

lol there it is. TV on left wall, little box on top is water, fireplace on right wall center.

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
Stormwolf. I am also in the planning phase of this, well after my addation is put on. Anyway you may want to reconsider the ceiling for a drop one (acoustic tiles) so you can have access for those unforseen events. Im thinking of running all my cables via the ceiling rather then the walls so if i need to get to them I can. Just MHO...
Good luck mate..
Have you checked out the fiber optic ceiling star kits.... :)

S

Stormwolf

Enthusiast
I thought about the drop tiles but I never heard anything good about them for sound proofing as there are two bedrooms above. My parents ahve a suspended tile ceiling and everytime you open the door the tiles "whoosh" move up or down cause of air movement from door. What would happen with a sub pounding? Might be a little annoying if it happens.

I did see those starpanels pretty cool!

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
I am going to treat under the floors on the 1st floor and also below from the floor joist in the basement.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis