Home theater receiver.

N

natra84

Enthusiast
Hi I have a question is it possible to remove amplifiers from Marantz SR 8015 because I only need a 5.1 system and I've heard that the Marantz gets very hot will it work.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi I have a question is it possible to remove amplifiers from Marantz SR 8015 because I only need a 5.1 system and I've heard that the Marantz gets very hot will it work.
Anything is possible but it won't be easy. Your best bet is to use ECO auto if you typically listen with volume at below around -30 (otherwise it wouldn't make much difference), and use external fans.

If you don't mind the look, the ones below are effective and you won't hear the noise from 10 ft if you run them at low speed.

Amazon.com: AC Infinity MULTIFAN S7, Quiet Dual 120mm USB Fan, UL-Certified for Receiver DVR Playstation Xbox Computer Cabinet Cooling : Electronics

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Anything is possible but it won't be easy. Your best bet is to use ECO auto if you typically listen with volume at below around -30 (otherwise it wouldn't make much difference), and use external fans.

If you don't mind the look, the ones below are effective and you won't hear the noise from 10 ft if you run them at low speed.

Amazon.com: AC Infinity MULTIFAN S7, Quiet Dual 120mm USB Fan, UL-Certified for Receiver DVR Playstation Xbox Computer Cabinet Cooling : Electronics
As an alternative, I use Noctua USB powered PWM fans with the variable speed Noctua fan controller. The fans have very low power requirements and are silent. I got two Noctua controllers with one connected to the USB port of the TV driving two 120 mm fans, while the other is connected to my Oppo player driving one fan. There are other Noctua fans less expensive than the ones I bought.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Gents, the Marantz SR 8015 is an 11 channel unit.

If you set it up for only 5 channels of amplification, and the remaining channels not connected, there is virtually no heating from those amplifiers. The power supply transformer will also run cooler as it will pull less than 50%. Excessive Heat does cause premature aging in electronic components, but the rule of thumb is running them cooler will also extend their lifespan. While I'm a Fan of external Fans (and have 2 on one of my Denons that I tend to drive hard once in a while), @natra84 may not need them if he doesn't push those 5 channels very hard.

Just my 2 bits. ;)

N

natra84

Enthusiast
Is the best way to go with separates.and is it possible with today's processor from Marantz an anthem to be able to use a 5.1 system.

N

natra84

Enthusiast
My plan is to buy the processor used and to buy the amplifier brand new I would've like to buy the a SR8015 but I do not like that it gets that warm that could not be good for longevity.my plans is to have this amplifier for 10 or 20 years I usually buy one time and then I keep it for a lot of years but does anybody know if these processors that I'm interested in will work with a 5.1 system.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
does anybody know if these processors that I'm interested in will work with a 5.1 system.
I think we all know the Marantz and Anthem preamp/processors will work with a 5.1 system.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I find onkyo to be just cheap and in the lower quality side of things. My vote easily the denon.
...as long as you don't consider the price difference. The less expensive one could well handle things quite nicely. I can't say because I have used neither one.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hello. I had the Yamaha a6a in the mix at close to the Dennon price...but it doesn't have Dirac so I removed it....was this a bad call? Is the yummy at that price better? I understand the Dennon is a far superior piece of equipment but for double? This will be used most with an A95l 77" and for mostly movies and games...some music but only on occasions such as holidays. I want to run atmos at 5.1.4 and maybe add a 2nd sub later. Speakers are humble Klipsch set up but got them for a great deal on the sales so can't complain. With what u will be doing, just movies and games 99%... How do I justify double the price to the wife haha Thanks again for the input!
What Denon? I haven't owned any Yamahas myself....and I'd rather have at least Audyssey over YPAO, the Dirac option I haven't tried (my Denons are a bit older so not an option without buying a new one) but it does get good reports generally. Keep in mind you still need to buy a license for Dirac with Denon. You might even consider Onkyo/Pioneer.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hello. I had the Yamaha a6a in the mix at close to the Dennon price...but it doesn't have Dirac so I removed it....was this a bad call? Is the yummy at that price better? I understand the Dennon is a far superior piece of equipment but for double? This will be used most with an A95l 77" and for mostly movies and games...some music but only on occasions such as holidays. I want to run atmos at 5.1.4 and maybe add a 2nd sub later. Speakers are humble Klipsch set up but got them for a great deal on the sales so can't complain. With what u will be doing, just movies and games 99%... How do I justify double the price to the wife haha Thanks again for the input!
Depends on the features you want.

For example, I never use any kind of Room Correction. So Dirac or any kind of RC is not a factor to me.

But some people swear by RC like Dirac and Audyssey. So they gotta have it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis