Home Theater Master MX-700 Remote Control Review

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>My dad has the MX-500 and its amazing, I wish we had the 700 though.</font>

<font color='#000080'>It's just nice to program via the computer. I'm a tech-head so I love anything that lets me update it via PC.

I don't see why people go for full-face LCDs, though I have yet to actually use on in practice... Maybe if I tried one I'd change my tune, but I can't imagine anything being better than this remote - save mental telepathy.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>I've been looking for this unit online, based on the strength of your review, but I can'f find it for sale anywhere. &nbsp;Can you point me in the right direction? &nbsp;I live in the boonies, no dealers around...</font>

<font color='#000080'>You can order online from Home Theater Master directly, or call them for another option at (914) 835-4484. Price is $349 + $7.50 shipping.

You may find it online for cheaper, but make sure it's an authorized dealer as the 1-year warranty won't be valid otherwise.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>Okay, today I found that Soundcity.com is authorized, and they have pretty much the whole line.

I'm also intrigued by the MX-800; it looks to be the same remote except with RF capability. &nbsp;Is that your take?</font>

<font color='#000080'>That's exactly what it is. If you want greater flexibility so you don't have to point the remote, that woudl be a good choice. It's about $150 more, though.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>I wouldn't really need RF right now, I was more thinking that as expensive as it already is, a little more $ spent on the RF version would give me more options down the road. &nbsp;Right now, my gear is all in my room, behind the listening seats. &nbsp;It's a simple matter to "bounce" a strong IR signal off of the 100" Da-Lite screen. &nbsp;But someday the gear may be in another room, in a closet, etc...or I may move.

The whole family of remote looks good. &nbsp;If the MX-500 is basically the same thing w/o the computer programmability, it might be a nice unit for my needs, too. &nbsp;I really shouldn't pop $350 for a remote til I buy that Eighth Nerve Roompack...</font>

<font color='#000080'>Rob,

Have you sent us your system specs and photo yet? You should consider doing so - it sounds like a cool system.</font>

A

_audiouser_

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Any thoughts on how the MX-600 stacks up, looks pretty good, &nbsp;you get your IR and RF. &nbsp;It's lacking some in the macro dept, &nbsp;but should be more than enough for most.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis