Home Theater Magazine for 1yr 6.97 also Stereophile

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
TICA

TICA

Audioholics Accounts Manager
seems like they are virtually giving away subscriptions to get their readership higher. Pretty cool.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
makes sense, they make their money off the advertisements in them, so they can charge higher rates with more people reading it the profit off actually printing them and selling them at a higher price is negligable.

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I let my subscription to Sound & Vision run out. I plan on doing the same with Home Theater when it comes time to renew. They used to be a lot better. I took both magazines for a period of about 10 years. The things I don't like about Home Theater mag is the fact that they do not review products in depth anymore. Also, in recent issues they have stared reviewing several different products in a single two page write-up. It always seems the products I really want to know about get 2 or 3 sentences in a multi-item review. The only items they seem to go into depth about anymore are the super high-end systems very few people will ever buy. I'm sticking with Audioholics for my reviews. Nobody even comes close to them. If it's not reviewed here I will search the rest of the web to find the information I need. Paper is dead to me.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Doug917 said:
I let my subscription to Sound & Vision run out. I plan on doing the same with Home Theater when it comes time to renew. They used to be a lot better. I took both magazines for a period of about 10 years. The things I don't like about Home Theater mag is the fact that they do not review products in depth anymore. Also, in recent issues they have stared reviewing several different products in a single two page write-up. It always seems the products I really want to know about get 2 or 3 sentences in a multi-item review. The only items they seem to go into depth about anymore are the super high-end systems very few people will ever buy. I'm sticking with Audioholics for my reviews. Nobody even comes close to them. If it's not reviewed here I will search the rest of the web to find the information I need. Paper is dead to me.
I had a subscription to Stereophile, and let it run out. After a few paragraphs into a review, it became very repetitive. I enjoyed reading the ads moreso than the articles. You really had to read between the lines to figure out how they were knocking products. To top that off, there is a section in the back of the magazine to let the manufacturers respond to the reviews. With all the high end A/V shops in central Ohio, it was hard to find any that carried the merchandise reviewed in Stereophile.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis