Home theater build 5k budget.

M

MikeM231

Audiophyte
As the title says I have about 5kusd to spend on a new home theater setup. The package needs to include an AVunit. Sub is not required at this stage. I have been looking at brands like SVS, Aperion, Goldenear for speakers, and pioneer eleite series for avunit. I am kinda looking for the best of both worlds including movies and music. There are so many opinions out there it has been very hard to make the final decision. Thank you all in advance.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
For AVRs, I would be looking at Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, and Yamaha. For speakers, I would be looking at JBL studio 500 series, KEF Q series, Ascend Acoustics Sierras, or, if you like it loud, Reaction Audio speakers.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Agree on the Denon/Marantz. I was at my dealer waiting on my GE Supercenter XXL and had the opportunity to demo the Triton 5s. I would add them to your list to demo

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Sub is not required at this stage... best of both worlds including movies and music.
I'm afraid at this price range you will get the best of neither world w/o a sub. Why do you say it's not required at this stage?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
How far do you sit from the speakers?

Do you need bookshelf or tower speakers?

For AVR, new models often come out in June/July. Thus, previous year models may get big discounts like 50% off.

What have you used in the past?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis