Home Audio/Video Automation

B

btrimble

Audiophyte
I recently moved into a brand new home and during construction I was able to get into the house and run all of my speaker wire. I have 2 speakers ran to the garage, 2 speakers ran to the back patio, 2 speakers flush mounted in the master bedroom and 5 speakers ran in the den. I have all of this run to a customized speaker wire plate that I found online that terminates in the den behind my TV/Receiver/DVD Player & Cable Box. I am running a Denon AVR-900 receiver which I am in talks with Denon on getting a new receiver.

I am thinking about going to a full blown system that allows me to have zones and multi source inputs. I have been racking my brain on the internet trying learn about all of the different systems on the market. I found myself heavily researching ZON Audio, which maybe it was just the easiest to understand. That being said, I would like to do every bit of installation myself.

I would also like to incorporate a network.

I love the idea of having "pads" or "control units" on the wall where I can make changes to my inputs and volume control, etc. I don't want to break the bank but would like it to sound and look great.

Keep in mind that I have all of my speaker wire ran but am willing to remove it all and start from scratch to run it to a "main source". I am very new to this ideal and have many questions.

If anyone could make some good suggestions on how to tackle this winter project I would truly be indebted. Anything from things that I need to how to get started.

Thank you very much for your help.:) :) :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis