Holy Crap!  Someone better jump on this!

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>This is a pretty amazing deal for someone in the market: amp @ onecall. &nbsp;That's not a huge amp, but with Power Steering and a fairly hefty PS it should suffice for most systems.

Just wish they had the 125 wpc version, too.</font>

B

Biggus Dickus

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Wow, Carver's are good amps, aren't they? I'd buy it, if I had $300.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>This is a good buy! If it was not for the fact that I already have a good 5 channel amp (plus 4 2-channel amps (2 SS &amp; 2 Tube) and a mono amp (Tube) I would consider this. Heck, I still might, one can never have too many amplifiers laying around! &nbsp;

By the way, 80 watts is more than sufficient for most applications unless you are trying to fill a very large room with inefficient speakers at rock concert levels. I have hit 105dB easily [at my listening position] without any sense of distrese or distortion using a Parasound HCA-855A driving B&amp;W mains, Celestion surrounds and an AR center.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>Just think; if you have bi-ampable speakers you could buy two of these and biamp all 5 speakers for under $650 with shipping!  That would definately be pretty comparable to a 5 x 200 watt amp- do you see many of them going for $650?

I'm tempted to get one even tho I have a stack of amps already- like you say, you can never have too many amps (or too much gear in general!
).</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>Has aany one purchase one or previously used this amp?</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#8D38C9'>I haven't used that particular amp, but I've owned 3 carvers over the years and all were fine amps for the price. &nbsp;In fact, a Carver CM-1090 integrated was the first &quot;real&quot; separate component I ever owned and started me down the path to becoming an audiophool.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis