Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Be a blindtesting diddlylord, lol Stop by my house and blindtest me on my PC's shite DAC and a Denafrips I've got. Do it 50 times on my playlist and after I nail it each time, I will also show you how to correctly use a couple of stats packs (spss, pca, whatever the fk you want), let you smack your diddly lil head so it all settles in and send you back home...I guess that's also the extent of any limited lil "science" (or what he thinks is science) that the letdown of an audioholic diddlylord could ever comprehend.

If i blindtested you instead, it is very possible that a 10 dollar Bluetooth speaker and a 2 dollar shite DAC is all your ears will ever need in life. But, how does an arrogant fool like you assume that what your diddly ears/brain can hear in your setup is all that everyone else should be able to ever hear in their setups, I wonder...Devolved diddlylord fools...
So, how is this supposed to support your claim "It would be very easy to prove how much diddly you know about science and engineering..."?

I'm still waiting for your dressing down of @TLS Guy, but as expected you're making a fool out of yourself, again.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So, how is this supposed to support your claim "It would be very easy to prove how much diddly you know about science and engineering..."?

I'm still waiting for your dressing down of @TLS Guy, but as expected you're making a fool out of yourself, again.
Don't take any notice of this guy, he will be wrong about everything more often than by chance.

highfigh

highfigh

Be a blindtesting diddlylord, lol Stop by my house and blindtest me on my PC's shite DAC and a Denafrips I've got. Do it 50 times on my playlist and after I nail it each time, I will also show you how to correctly use a couple of stats packs (spss, pca, whatever the fk you want), let you smack your diddly lil head so it all settles in and send you back home...I guess that's also the extent of any limited lil "science" (or what he thinks is science) that the letdown of an audioholic diddlylord could ever comprehend.

If i blindtested you instead, it is very possible that a 10 dollar Bluetooth speaker and a 2 dollar shite DAC is all your ears will ever need in life. But, how does an arrogant fool like you assume that what your diddly ears/brain can hear in your setup is all that everyone else should be able to ever hear in their setups, I wonder...Devolved diddlylord fools...
Don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on your way out.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
AmP is starting to sound familiar with the Denafrips and the angry audiophool attitude....think he had another screen name a while back....altho could have just been another audiophool.....

highfigh

highfigh

Alrighty....Onto the ignore list with your 2 other herd brethren (lovinthehrddck and ryanoshtter). The 3 rabid fks who flock together (strength in numbers when its a case of stupid) The 3 of you rabid yappers stay shut in there, i hope...:)
This isn't Facebook.

highfigh

highfigh

AmP is starting to sound familiar with the Denafrips and the angry audiophool attitude....think he had another screen name a while back....altho could have just been another audiophool.....
He writes like an eight year old.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wow. Such creative hatred and disgust. The contribution to society is simply awe-inspiring. It’s a shame we can’t all live up to such a lofty paradigm.
:rolleyes:

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Yes small room i live in appartment so can't use much power. My speaker are more than enough for my need.
The problem is that an upgraded DAC won't do a thing for your small room, low power setup. You are buying reference level gear for a non-reference level setup. Basically throwing money into the wind. It's great that you have some expendable cash flow, but it simply makes zero sense to spend it where you are looking to spend it at the moment.

The DAC inside your streaming device is good. It's not as nice as what you are looking at buying, but it comes down to whether or not you will get any audible difference based upon the equipment you have. Generally speaking, you simply won't. You aren't listening at the levels you would need to get a real difference. A very subtle difference? I would expect so, yes. But, you can get a wildly superior jump in audio quality simply by filling in the areas which your system is currently completely lacking as pointed out previously.

Both DACs are perfectly fine. They will likely make a very subtle improvement to any system. Subtle being the key concept. Anyone claiming 'night and day' improvements is just lying, or is starting with garbage and noise as reference.

You are past the first 90% in terms of DAC quality, and you are not anywhere near 90% in terms of speaker and room quality. That's the first place to improve your audio.

After that, if you still want to spend money, you would need to try both DACs and see which one manipulates the audio in the way that you find most enjoyable within your system, with your specific gear and you need to consider if the subtle upgrade you are spending a lot of money on actually was worth it. Which is not something anyone here really can decide for you. Kind of like the Camaro/Mustang argument. On paper they have a lot going for both of them, so which one is better? The one you LIKE is the better one, no matter what it says on paper. But, neither are a Corvette, or a Porsche, and it doesn't matter for any of them since you can't drive them 100mph+ and are stuck in rush hour traffic. The first step is to get out of that traffic and allow reference level testing with proper reference level gear. That's the big hold up to your system's quality right now.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The problem is that an upgraded DAC won't do a thing for your small room, low power setup. You are buying reference level gear for a non-reference level setup. Basically throwing money into the wind. It's great that you have some expendable cash flow, but it simply makes zero sense to spend it where you are looking to spend it at the moment.

The DAC inside your streaming device is good. It's not as nice as what you are looking at buying, but it comes down to whether or not you will get any audible difference based upon the equipment you have. Generally speaking, you simply won't. You aren't listening at the levels you would need to get a real difference. A very subtle difference? I would expect so, yes. But, you can get a wildly superior jump in audio quality simply by filling in the areas which your system is currently completely lacking as pointed out previously.

Both DACs are perfectly fine. They will likely make a very subtle improvement to any system. Subtle being the key concept. Anyone claiming 'night and day' improvements is just lying, or is starting with garbage and noise as reference.

You are past the first 90% in terms of DAC quality, and you are not anywhere near 90% in terms of speaker and room quality. That's the first place to improve your audio.

After that, if you still want to spend money, you would need to try both DACs and see which one manipulates the audio in the way that you find most enjoyable within your system, with your specific gear and you need to consider if the subtle upgrade you are spending a lot of money on actually was worth it. Which is not something anyone here really can decide for you. Kind of like the Camaro/Mustang argument. On paper they have a lot going for both of them, so which one is better? The one you LIKE is the better one, no matter what it says on paper. But, neither are a Corvette, or a Porsche, and it doesn't matter for any of them since you can't drive them 100mph+ and are stuck in rush hour traffic. The first step is to get out of that traffic and allow reference level testing with proper reference level gear. That's the big hold up to your system's quality right now.
Should he want an external DAC he should rather look to things like features, connectivity, usability and price. It can be a combined DAC/headphone; DSP like dynamic loudness, tone controls and PEQ; USB connectivity, TOSLINK, SPDIF; nice remote etc. Other than that I think he should use the existing built-in DACs and upgrade other parts like speakers along with a subwoofer.

Why do I feel I'm describing my RME ADI-2 DAC FS. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis