HK AVR235 enough for the Infinity Modulus II?

A

AngelusNexx

Junior Audioholic
Im still going to college and living at home so my room is only about 15 foot by 15 foot. With such a small area i think that a smaller set of speakers would work better than the Infinity Beta series surround I want to put together. Am I right about that? Also will a hk avr235 be enough to really push these Modulus II if I want to? Thanks.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
zachwhite0 said:
Im still going to college and living at home so my room is only about 15 foot by 15 foot. With such a small area i think that a smaller set of speakers would work better than the Infinity Beta series surround I want to put together. Am I right about that? Also will a hk avr235 be enough to really push these Modulus II if I want to? Thanks.

Personally, I don't enjoy small speakers. That said, my ears are attached to my head, what I like, or don't like, is not going to be the same as you. So if I was in your situation, I would use the Beta's (if you like them, use them), especially bookcase units in my system. These same Beta's could be moved to the surround speakers at a later date in a larger room.

Either way, the HK is going to be able to handle either choice of speakers, especially if you have a dedicated sub with built in amp.

plhart

Audioholic
I would recommend the Infinity Beta's over the Modulus. All Beta speaker systems have more sensitivity and more piston area (The 5.25" Beta 10 or 6.5" Beta 20) that the Modulus II satelittes (4" two-way) and will thus play quite a bit louder with the same power input. Also, the Modulus sats are ~ -3dB at 150Hz so there is quite a hole between them and the Modulus subwoofer. The lowest priced Beta, the 10, goes down to ~-3dB at 70Hz so it will blend much better with any subwoofer you choose.

A

AngelusNexx

Junior Audioholic
Thats what I was looking for. Thanks man. Im open to any other comments on this. I must go with Infinity because I dont want to pass up the prices I can get on them. Only thing is these are for a computer and im limited on space. I dont know if the beta center would even fit between my monitor and keyboard. Ideally I want the system hooked to both my comp and tv but i am so limited on space i think its impossible.

Anything anyone can recommend for a computer? I would easily snatch up some betas or RTis but I simply do not have room.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis