High Fidelity Cable - CT1 Real or Snake Oil?

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Gents,

Without my input to color things, please give me your opinion on High Fidelity Cable - CT1.

Are they for Real or Snake Oil?

Just wondering. ;)

I've been watching speaker reviews and demos from Audio & Video shows to see what OEMs are doing for the cables they use to sell their pride and joy and when I can find them (they often hide them in the photos) they don't look like anything special.

Recently, Harman did use these flat ribbon type on a JBL Speaker setup. I wonder what these cables are.

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
What a waste, they're so damn flat and they didn't even bother to place them beneath the carpeting. I'd love a pair If they were cheap. I might even tape them to the back of my TV stand and then down the TV stand's leg, under the carpet, up the speaker stand's leg... Make them almost invisible. Never lacked ideas, just money...

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think at shows there's a lot of "grabass" going on. XYZ cable company asks ABC speaker to use its cables in their demo room. ABC doesn't care because they know cables don't make a difference. ABC MAY mention XYZ cables during the demo but most likely only if asked. I haven't really seen an OEM endorse cables, that I can recall. If cables made a difference I'm sure they'd be endorsed by speaker builders. Cables in the link? 6500 bucks for one meter? That's not snake oil, that's snake sssssshi¡¡t. They look sweet though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis