High end speaker cable for inexpensive speakers?

D

dovplay

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hello all,

I had a question about speaker cables that I was wondering if any of you could answer. &nbsp;I purchased a 5.1 surround speaker setup and was wondering how much difference speaker cables would make in the quality of the sound? &nbsp;Does high priced cable make that much difference in the quality even if the speakers themselves aren't that high end? &nbsp;Also, could anyone suggest a good brand of cable?

Thanks!</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>dovplay;

Welcome to Audioholics.com. &nbsp;Cables are one of the most misunderstood topics in audio, no thanks to the luring and usually deceptive marketing tactics of exotic cable vendors and forum cult hobbyists. &nbsp;Here are some links to cable articles I wrore that should answer your questions.

For a quick recommendation on a budget, I would suggest either 10AWG or 12AWG Zip cord (&lt; $50 for 100' reel of Sound King from partsexpress.com).

Cable Budget Guidelines

Cable Articles</font>

S

Scumfrog

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I would like to offer you three more suggestions. &nbsp;For the budget minded listener, the Radio Shack Mega Cable is a fine choice. &nbsp;Terminate them with some decent bannana plugs, and you are set. &nbsp;If you can afford $.75/ foot, the Audioquest Jade cables will work very well. &nbsp;Don't overlook the lower end Monster Cables either. Finally, how about used cables? &nbsp;Check classifieds and &nbsp;local vendors in your area.
Good listening...Scumfrog</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis