Hi-Res ! Hoax of the Century...?

C

CostAvoidance

Audiophyte
I’ve earned my BS in physics and an MD from univ of Florida. I’m not a neurologist or otolaryngologist but I’ve got a pretty sound handle on neurological pathways, concepts of accommodation and neurological remapping. This is old and useless info. Don’t want to sound terse because many of you engineer types think your math can explain the universe. It can’t, everything is heard with the brain nothing is heard with the ears. One can as I recall attempt to propose the ear is a uniform digital device but it’s not. The sampling in the ear is no more uniform across humanity than hair pattern. Some hair cells (look it up) are finely arranged in some and widespread in others. I’m not a musical snob or anything of the sort but I’m a 62 year old physician with a fairly good basic scientific understanding of how the brain works, how it accommodates to sound, light, taste and other stimulation and how it also adds through experience what may be absent - Beethoven was a master of utilizing accommodation. Not trying to be provocative but trying to show me I’m being foolish with a YouTube video isn’t making your point.

Last edited:
B

Boorock70

Audiophyte
Hmm...
OK, do the "null test" & let's see if you or anyone else can hear the "difference" in bitrates/resolutions :cool:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I hate watching dumb videos, prefer someone post actual thoughts. Most of the "hi-res" offerings are more about bullshit, tho...IMO.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
HD to someone like me suffering with tinnitus means Hardly Discernible. :p I wonder if there will be a real difference if I hook up my old Harman-Kardon 330B (46 years old) to the same speakers and turntable I have my Yamaha RX-A1020 ( 6 years old) connected to.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis