G

gamer-33

Audiophyte
I just got a Monolith 7 still in shipping it will be here fr this is my first piece in a 7.2 setup I need little help with pre amp or avr / then speakers and subs. THANKS FOR ANY HELP

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Denon/Marantz or Yamaha are pretty much going to get you good results whether it be a preamp or AVR.

Speakers and subs are a different matter altogether.

What's your budget for each?

G

gamer-33

Audiophyte
preamp/ avr $750-- 900 now speakers/subs $3300 right now but more if i save longer

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
preamp/ avr $750-- 900 now speakers/subs $3300 right now but more if i save longer
I should have asked, but what speaker layout are you planning to go with? 2.1, 5.1, 7.1, 5.1.2, etc.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
FWIW, I’d recommend going with 5.x.4 over 7.x.2. More immersive overall, and .2 can leave a “hole” where the rear tops/heights would be.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
7.1 2 subs or svs or monolith
Can't go wrong with either brand for subs. SVS make excellent speakers @Pogre can attest to this.

There are really a lot of good brands/options out there from JBL, ELAC, Canton, and many others.

If possible, I'd match the LCR and go from there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
FWIW, I’d recommend going with 5.x.4 over 7.x.2. More immersive overall, and .2 can leave a “hole” where the rear tops/heights would be.
I think he's just going 7.1 with 2 subs rather than an Atmos format....

G

gamer-33

Audiophyte
HI can i pick just one speaker and get 6 of them and then 1 a center speaker .thinking about JBL

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Right now I think the Denon AVR X3600H (<---is out of stock at my usual go-to's! Pickings are getting kinda slim, sheesh.) is a good balance of features and price. It also has a full set of preouts for more flexibility down the road should you choose to add an external amp

All that also applies to the X4500H for $999. B stock/refurb but this one comes with a 3 year warranty. I've bought from them before and gear I've ordered from them has always showed up looking like brand new. It's a lot of avr, has preouts and advanced room correction. You can find cheaper but won't have some of the features that I look for in an AVR.

For subs I agree that Hsu will probably offer you the best bang for buck. I have a pair of VTF-3 MK5s and they're pretty awesome. The price in that link is for 2 of them and I have a pretty large room so I got the big boys.

Speakers, lately @KEW has been talking up the Canton Vento series of speakers and even prefers them over SVS' Ultra speakers. That's saying quite a bit, imo. I own the Ultras and they're very, very nice speakers. I got them based in part due to his recommendation and don't regret the purchase at all. If he feels the Vento is a better speaker then they definitely would be on my short list. I'll let him explain some more (I summoned him) as I haven't heard them yet, but I sure want to!

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
That Denon 4500h is a very good recommendation. I have the Denon 3600h and it is fantastic as well but I wish I would have went with the 4500 for different upmixing options.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
How far from the speakers will you sit?
How big is your room?
IMHO, you can get better sound quality with bookshelf speakers over spending the same money for floorstanders (and the subwoofer covers the bass, so the benefit of towers is not so major). However. many people want towers because they are "bigger and badder"! Are you game for bookshelves or should we be looking at towers for your front left and right?

G

gamer-33

Audiophyte
hi just got home from work I think real good bookshelves and good 2 subs is this ok ? room is 21x14 the Monolith 7 is going to run the bookshelves and center speakers i still need to pick subs any help there. ok cash on hand $4500 after getting Monolith .

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
hi just got home from work I think real good bookshelves and good 2 subs is this ok ? room is 21x14 the Monolith 7 is going to run the bookshelves and center speakers i still need to pick subs any help there. ok cash on hand $4500 after getting Monolith .
For a second I thought your were running a 7.1.2 system also.

7.2...interesting...assuming the 21' measurement is the depth of the room, you will probably be okay with 7 channels.

On the subs...I'm an HSU guy...running a pair of their 15" subs...the VTF 3 MK5...roughly $1600 for the pair right now.

G

gamer-33

Audiophyte
hi all well its been some time and i just order my DENON AVR-X3700H for $1,019.15 now my next buy is subs price ? i am still thinking about 2 svs pb2000 pro?

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Youve been given some great advice on subs already. The svs pb2000 pros are nice but 2 HSU vtf3 mk5s are excellent for the price. I took their advice and got a pair and was not disappointed. You could step up to the pb3000 or pb4000 that would compete more with the HSUs but its gonna cost a lot more!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis