J

Joehay71

Audiophyte
Sooo! I have a Gemini pt 2400 turntable, a Gemini mm2 mixer, and a Nad c 320 Amp. I realise now that the Amp doesn't have phono in put, so I've ordered a Moukey compact stereo preamp. Can I make this work? and if not why not?! like I said, im a noob!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Sooo! I have a Gemini pt 2400 turntable, a Gemini mm2 mixer, and a Nad c 320 Amp. I realise now that the Amp doesn't have phono in put, so I've ordered a Moukey compact stereo preamp. Can I make this work? and if not why not?! like I said, im a noob!
I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do. Since there is a mixer involved then I suspect this is some type of DJ rig. If so then you need a phone preamp between you turntable and mixer. If the turntable is going to be connected to the amp, then you connect the phono preamp to the amp. What you ordered is not what you need.

If you are planning to DJ, then that NAD integrated amp, is not what you need. You will blow that up quickly.

J

Joehay71

Audiophyte
I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do. Since there is a mixer involved then I suspect this is some type of DJ rig. If so then you need a phone preamp between you turntable and mixer. If the turntable is going to be connected to the amp, then you connect the phono preamp to the amp. What you ordered is not what you need.

If you are planning to DJ, then that NAD integrated amp, is not what you need. You will blow that up quickly.

Ah-ha, Thank you for your prompt response TSL Guy.
Ok so all I want to do is listen to my vinyl at home, no intention of taking it on the road! I also have a bunch of CD's, so I need to get CD player involved at some point in the near future. This has been a very slow process during a very messy divorce, so you can imagine I could do with all the wins I can get! Thanks again for your input..

J

Joehay71

Audiophyte
Hello Lovethehd,
Right on both counts, This has been a rather drawn out project, and I'm so happy I'm approaching the actual possibility of getting some noise threw this equipment! I'll let you know! Thanks again for your priceless advice.

J

Joehay71

Audiophyte
It was the head set, all working now, ssso happy, thanks for you input!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis