Hi-End equipment store

H

Hovak

Enthusiast
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there's any stores in Los Angeles, dedicated to audiofiles.

I am trying to buy amps and speakers, but I really want to listen to them before I buy something.

Any ideas ?

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
While it's not a bad idea to listen first, my experience tells me that what audio shops generally have to offer doesn't much compete in SQ with what you can get online. So do consider Internet Direct brands as they seem to be targetting the <1k niche with a bit more energy than most B&M companies.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there's any stores in Los Angeles, dedicated to audiofiles.

I am trying to buy amps and speakers, but I really want to listen to them before I buy something.

Any ideas ?
There are plenty of dealers in LA. :D

What's your budget, my friend?

I can recommend a few stores but they mostly carry $20,000 speakers. The more expensive models helped me set a goal/standard for the performance I was looking to get out of whatever I could afford. I didn't intend to settle for anything less...except maybe cost. ;)

Here are the dealers that I went to and the speakers I enjoyed:

LA Audio Video - Pioneer S-1EX. Don't let the Pioneer name fool you, these are some very awesome speakers. :)

Sunny's Components (Covina) - TAD Compact Reference One, Salon 2

Shelly's Stereo (Woodland Hills)

Wilshire Home Entertainment (Thousand Oaks)- Salon 2

Audio High - KEF Blade/KEF Reference

H

Hovak

Enthusiast
Thanks a lot,

My budget is around 1500 for both, speakers and amp.

I am focusing on Focal Chorus 706v and Focal Chorus 807v. But I want to hear them first, if I can find them somewhere.

I haven't decided what amp I'm gonna get, but hopefully I can listen to some different amps and choose one.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Do you already have a receiver?

I highly recommend you listen to the Salon 2, Blade, TAD CR1, etc. In fact, if you decide to do so, let me know. I'd be more than happy to listen with you for shits and giggles. :D

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
BTW, LA Audio Video probably has the Focal you're looking for. You should give them a call.

H

Hovak

Enthusiast
BTW, LA Audio Video probably has the Focal you're looking for. You should give them a call.
Awesome.

I'll definitely let you know when I go there.

Do you have their contacts ? website, phone, etc ...

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Awesome.

I'll definitely let you know when I go there.

Do you have their contacts ? website, phone, etc ...
By the way, listen to the speakers, not the amps. ;):D
Speakers come first, then all you need is an amp that can drive that speaker load properly, not the name on the amp.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis