Hi all - Replaced The bose

• Thread starter wis_fishing_guy
  • Start date
W

wis_fishing_guy

Audiophyte
First off hi to all and THIS PLACE SEEMS AWSOME SO FAR!!!!

I do not have tons of money to spend on my audio.So I thought buying bose was a good 1 time purchase to go with my new Receiver at the time,boy I was wrong.They sounded Bad!!!!!No highhhhs or lowsss that boooooose.

But I finally scraped up some extra cash and totally replaced My bose acoustimass 10.My worst purchase ever.I have been doing it slowly over the pass 9 months.But this is what I have now and it sounds 10 times better..Let me know what you all think about it.

Receiver yamaha rx v861
Front A Polk R300s
Front B Polk TSI100s
Side Polk T15s
Rear Polk T15s
1 front right corner sub Polk psw10
1 front left corner sub Polk psw10
1 Back middle sub JBL Venue Series SUB12

C

cvcgolf

Audioholic
3 subs! That might be overkill. Maybe you should unplug at least 1.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats on dumping Bose for something a whole lot better :)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Looks like a nice, well rounded system. Congrats on this huge upgrade.

C

cl35m

Banned
First off hi to all and THIS PLACE SEEMS AWSOME SO FAR!!!!

I do not have tons of money to spend on my audio.So I thought buying bose was a good 1 time purchase to go with my new Receiver at the time,boy I was wrong.They sounded Bad!!!!!No highhhhs or lowsss that boooooose.

But I finally scraped up some extra cash and totally replaced My bose acoustimass 10.My worst purchase ever.I have been doing it slowly over the pass 9 months.But this is what I have now and it sounds 10 times better..Let me know what you all think about it.

Receiver yamaha rx v861
Front A Polk R300s
Front B Polk TSI100s
Side Polk T15s
Rear Polk T15s
1 front right corner sub Polk psw10
1 front left corner sub Polk psw10
1 Back middle sub JBL Venue Series SUB12
Glad to hear you are happy. I would have stayed away from polk. They have become overpriced low-fi made in china *bleep*, lower than bose even.

If you want quality polks then set your sights on their vintage stuff which will sound another 10 times better than what you bought :)

http://www.polksda.com

Always another upgrade on the horizon :)

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Glad to hear you are happy. I would have stayed away from polk. They have become overpriced low-fi made in china *bleep*, lower than bose even.

If you want quality polks then set your sights on their vintage stuff which will sound another 10 times better than what you bought :)

I don't know if I agree with all of that. I listened to the LSi 15's a while back and they did a pretty good job. 10 times better then any Blose system I've heard.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
3 subs! That might be overkill. Maybe you should unplug at least 1.
Bad cvcgolf! Bad!! Now go stand in the corner. ;)

If you have 3 subs, keep them plugged in. It will help smooth out the bass response in your room.

W

wis_fishing_guy

Audiophyte
The polks kills the acoustimass cubes,With out even breaking a sweat and that is just the t15s.Then TSI100s sound much better than the Bose 201s 0r the 301s.I also have the Polk CS10 center and that kills the Bose VCS10.Bose is so flat sounding it is not funny!I will be happy with my polks for a few years.

W

wis_fishing_guy

Audiophyte
Bad cvcgolf! Bad!! Now go stand in the corner. ;)

If you have 3 subs, keep them plugged in. It will help smooth out the bass response in your room.
ooooo I kepp them all pluged in.

They give such a great even sound threw the whole room or house if I want them to.lol.....

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I like some of Polks stuff (not all mind you) but hate, hate, hate their subs. Man are those the wink link. If you can sell those polk subs and buy an SVS or Hsu, trust me all you will need is just one of those.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

If you think that we need to have an intervention. ;)

They may have gone down hill, but calling them lower than Bose is just a cry for help.:p

Remember Bose speakers only play half the music.:eek:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
ooooo I kepp them all pluged in.

They give such a great even sound threw the whole room or house if I want them to.lol.....
You need to treat that room. Go over the GIK acoustics and get a full room set. Throw in an isolation pad for each sub and that should take care of the whole house. And dramatically improve SQ.

I just added an Auralex Great Gamma. It did wonders for my sub. Removing ugly floor reflections.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I like some of Polks stuff (not all mind you) but hate, hate, hate their subs. Man are those the wink link. If you can sell those polk subs and buy an SVS or Hsu, trust me all you will need is just one of those.
multiple subs will yield a much better room response. I suggest he build 2 Kappa Perfect builds if he wants to upgrade the subs. The cost is comparable to an SVS sub and will yield you much better flatter response. My 0.02. That plus room treatments would make for a very nice listening room.:D

maybe i should stop discussing my plans though?

C

cl35m

Banned
If you think that we need to have an intervention. ;)

They may have gone down hill, but calling them lower than Bose is just a cry for help.:p

Remember Bose speakers only play half the music.:eek:
I wouldn't have current bose or polks in my house even if they were free so that puts them both in the same boat. Which one is worse is a toss-up :)

You can't drive the lsi's with a avr because they are 4 ohm, power hungry (+200 wpc), inefficient, and hard to drive so that rules out 99.9% of the population.

Polks vintage speaks (1980-90) are audiophile quality tho and my house is full of them :)

Last edited:
W

wis_fishing_guy

Audiophyte
Thanks to everyone.

Originally Posted by MatthewB.

The polk subs sound good in the corners as I have them.They have some nice sound;With out even pushing them.No muding sound at high levels.I got 1 free one when I bought my r300s and liked the sound so much from the one.I went and paid for another.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Hush...you are going to give us Texans a bad name....:eek:
I wouldn't have current bose or polks in my house even if they were free so that puts them both in the same boat. Which one is worse is a toss-up :)

You can't drive the lsi's with a avr because they are 4 ohm, power hungry (+200 wpc), inefficient, and hard to drive so that rules out 99.9% of the population.

Polks vintage speaks (1980-90) are audiophile quality tho and my house is full of them :)

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Congrats on your new setup and hope you enjoy them to there fullest :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis