Hgs-12x or seismic 12

G

golfhack

Audioholic Intern
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody here has any experience with either of these subs? If you do, can you give any pros or cons with these subs that you have personally experienced. Your inputs will be very much appreciated. :) Btw, if you guys can, could you also tell me your room dimensions (or at least approx.). Thanks guys. :)

C

cownd

Junior Audioholic
I have only heard (and felt) the Paradigm. To be honest, you won't find a sub this size that can match it's performance.... I read a review that compared this sub to SVS's huge monster - and it held it own!!

G

golfhack

Audioholic Intern
Hey somebody replied!!! :D Thanks Cownd. Yeah, I read that article too. I was hoping that somebody would have experienced with these two so I can go by personal experience rather than just professional review. I had a feeling the paradigm would sound great. :) Do you happen to remember the size of the room in which it was playing in (large, medium, small,...roughly)?

C

cownd

Junior Audioholic
No Problem. I heard this sub in 2 rooms, one was approx 13x20 the other was 16x25. I auditioned this sub against the Servo-15 and the PW2200. I actually picked the PW2200 at the time as money was the deciding factor. I can honestly say that the Seismic was pretty close to the mighty Servo except when going REALLY low. The seismic had no problems delivering earth shaking vibs even at very high volumes. I'm already planning on "upgrading again" to either the seismic or Servo in about 5 months (The seismic has high WAF value!)
I do have a question - Are you looking at this sub due size restrictions in your environment? If your are, it's a no brainer!!

G

golfhack

Audioholic Intern
Cownd,

Yup...size restriction is prerequisite (read WAF). :D I don't know about the "know brainer" though - the Seismic 12 will have higher output, but the Velodyne will have cleaner output (especially in the lowest octave). Both frequency extensions should be similar, especially when factoring in room gain. And I rarely listen to material at high levels, though the Seismic will apparently have the advantage in the dynamic range department. Oh well, I suppose it comes down to which of these two subs I can get cheaper. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis