jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
Hey you have a ton of knowledge, and a good deal of passion for DIY. You also seem to have a good deal of production equipment.
You should start a youtube channel on DIY speaker building... I'd subscribe.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Thats hoping the average youtuber wants to take the time to understand the science. Even with a kit, you still need to understand how to read a crossover schematic to know where to solder the connections.

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
I dunno, you can find most anything on YouTube, however with exception of a few videos from parts express I couldn't find any quality speaker building guides. The big problem that I see is its not the cheapest hobby, so any sort of build tutorial you do will be expensive... maybe if you could get one of the builder websites to sponsor something, but i imagine their profit margins are too low to do anything like that.
I was just recently reading the thread about the Q measurement of a speaker, and it was really tough for me to follow. Being that I'm a more visual learner I attempted to find stuff on YouTube to no avail...

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I'll be posting a Seas Thor build in the coming weeks. The MDF is being glued as I write this...

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
No I'll keep rights reserved for Audioholics, haha....

Nah i don't do video, I just snap pics along the way and explain it. Its a learning experience for me too! So of course I'm starting with a transmission line!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
You can build a good simple 2-way speaker pair for a pretty low price point.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
This had been considered. But the reality is, I'm an Audioholic. I will want as much as I can ever afford. And it is my completely subjective, uneducated opinion that the Thor's will keep me happy for a long time. Until a new structure gets built, and then I can build 5 more and have a proper home theater...

...Around that time, my wife will probably have a heart attack, and then I'll be able to get the 8T's!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey you have a ton of knowledge, and a good deal of passion for DIY. You also seem to have a good deal of production equipment.
You should start a youtube channel on DIY speaker building... I'd subscribe.
Sorry, I'm just catching up. My wife and I have had a very busy week cooking for our ever growing family for Christmas. We have made a Christmas cake, a couple of Christmas puddings, lots of sausage roll, mince pies and cheese straws. We have also made a around 40 dozen cookies including some exotic ones. My wife is a good French patisserie chef, and lived in France for a while. We have made a nice batch of chocolate dipped Madeline cookies.

My wife has left for Eagan with half the loot today, and I will go down Tuesday. Half remains here were we will have a annual New Year bash on Benedict Lake.

Anyhow, I am a DIY builder that in many ways is unusual. Most of my projects are integrated designs with the architecture and conceived holistically. I know I rail against WAF and interior designers. The fact is that I admit to be highly cognizant of these issues, but do not conform to the usual mold.

It takes a lot of thought and design to blend this into a room and still make it a really nice pleasant space.

To end up with this pleasing result.

This little system which I love, is tucked in under a stairway.

Sometimes my arm gets twisted enough I do custom projects for others, especially is the space is interesting and a high quality system required without spoiling the space. They also have to be able to afford my fee!

These are not really YouTube projects.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis