Here are a few from my neck o' the woods

V

vshortt

Enthusiast
The room, as you'll see from the photos, is pretty bare bones. I know I need to do paint work, carpet change, and window blackout treatments. That'll come in time. For now my system is comprised of:

1) TV: Samsung UN65F8000
2) Amp: Pioneer Elite VSX-70
3) DVD Player: Samsung (model number escapes me)
4) Front and Center Speakers: Speakercraft AIM7 Two (ceiling mount)
5) Rear Speakers: Speakercraft AIM7 Two (ceiling mount)
6) Subwoofer: Energy 12" (old sucker....model number escapes me)

Here are a few (really bad quality) pictures. No sub pic. It's located behind the couch.

Attachments

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Thats a lot of remotes for a receiver and a TV. What behind door number 2? (the cabinet)

V

vshortt

Enthusiast
5 remotes.

2- TV
1- DVD player
1- Amp
1- DirecTV receiver

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
For Video - In-Wall speakers work so much better than in-ceiling.... just my 2c, otherwise clean and minimalistic = I like

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
clean and minimalistic = I like
Agreed! I suppose it has a very high Wife Acceptance Factor. I like how you kinda started the room w/ HT in mind. Gets everybody in the mindset of that's the primary purpose of the room. Will make it easier to add/change/move stuff as you get the notion. :)

In my case, the room started as a living room. Had to fit in HT stuff around what was already there. Much tougher to convince the bride we needed to get rid of that chair to add a subwoofer, then move that table to fit in a speaker, then give away that chair for another subwoofer, etc.

Good job, man!

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
It's a clean install that's verey nice, how does it sound I guess if you really wanted to go more channels you could ues those front left and right as the front highs that would be cool, and get some inwall speakers for your left and right that's just my opinion but nun the less its verey cool and clean looking system if you don't mind could you take some photos of the wireing is it a wall plate between the receiver and speakers or hard wired

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

V

vshortt

Enthusiast
Agreed! I suppose it has a very high Wife Acceptance Factor. I like how you kinda started the room w/ HT in mind. Gets everybody in the mindset of that's the primary purpose of the room. Will make it easier to add/change/move stuff as you get the notion. :)

In my case, the room started as a living room. Had to fit in HT stuff around what was already there. Much tougher to convince the bride we needed to get rid of that chair to add a subwoofer, then move that table to fit in a speaker, then give away that chair for another subwoofer, etc.

Good job, man!
Thanks. I appreciate that. This is a new house and before we even contracted, I told the builder that I wanted the closet taken out of a particular bedroom because I had intended to turn it into a media room. They balked at first, which made no sense to me, but I had every intent to walk if they wouldn't do it.

I realized that a good set of floor speakers would have worked better for the front mains, but I was really shooting for a minimalistic installation, given the room size is perfect for what it has, and nothing more.

V

vshortt

Enthusiast
It's a clean install that's verey nice, how does it sound I guess if you really wanted to go more channels you could ues those front left and right as the front highs that would be cool, and get some inwall speakers for your left and right that's just my opinion but nun the less its verey cool and clean looking system if you don't mind could you take some photos of the wireing is it a wall plate between the receiver and speakers or hard wired

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk
Here you go.

Attachments

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks. I appreciate that. This is a new house and before we even contracted, I told the builder that I wanted the closet taken out of a particular bedroom because I had intended to turn it into a media room. They balked at first, which made no sense to me, but I had every intent to walk if they wouldn't do it.

I realized that a good set of floor speakers would have worked better for the front mains, but I was really shooting for a minimalistic installation, given the room size is perfect for what it has, and nothing more.
Good thing you insisted on what you wanted.
Towers are not required, As I have mentioned you could have achieved same "zero speakers" look with in-walls speakers and have much better soundstage than in-ceiling speakers.

V

vshortt

Enthusiast
Good thing you insisted on what you wanted.
Towers are not required, As I have mentioned you could have achieved same "zero speakers" look with in-walls speakers and have much better soundstage than in-ceiling speakers.
In wall speakers were my original thought. The main reason I chose not to go that route is because the wall where the TV is located backs up to a bedroom. I was simply trying to minimize the noise intrusion. Perhaps it would make no difference, but that was my thought process.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Thanks bud :) how do your speakers sound are your subs inwall or active?

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis