N

nd4040

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I am retiring and want advice on the Onkyo tx 800. I am about to purchase the 800 unless you guys say different. Hawk seems to be the man around here, so Hawk plse advice. I am using booze 901 mains and the Polk rm 6700 as surrounds and center. Is the onkyo 800 the way to go? The $900 range is my limit is there a better 7.1 channel reciever?
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
<font color='#000080'>What are your priorities? Are yoau DSP man, want the most power, care about features? There's a lot ot consider.

We don't really make single recommendations, mostly because there are so many good options. For that price range you are almost at the Yamaha RX-V2400 which is brand new and sports some useful features (oif course we have yet to review the product). I only mention the 2400 because it is the 'new kid on the block' and woudl put you into the newest technology available for the price.

You are also afforded a decent selection from Denon, Pioneer and Sony, to name a few.</font>

N

nd4040

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I really care about the sound quality. I would like my music and movies to sound as close to real as possible.
I also have a set of Infinity bookshelf,s and a set of cerwin vega's. Also I am using a JBL Sub that shakes the house literally. (pretty good for a 50 yr ols Huh?) But not being in a area that has music and sound as it's city priority, music stores are not abundant here in Augusta GA. I really appretiate your help Hawk!!

Read the article on the Yamaha and it sounds as good as the onkyo. I was getting the Onkyo based on some reviews I have seen on the web. Just want to know what someone thinks that has heard one of the amps.

&nbsp;I read one of your articles, and like you I believe everyone has their personal preference. Like you I am more interested in quality than quantity although usually in reciever's more wpc seems to mean less distortion and more realism.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis