J

Joe1

Audiophyte
Connecting pc w/ sound blaster z sound card to pioneer vsx 60 elite reciever via opti cable no sound????

J

Joe1

Audiophyte
Changed to spdif-out as default, (computer), 5.1 surround in Sound blaster, opti cable in assigned port on reciever, the correct port on the card, have sound thru headphones via rear jack, i have followed both the blaster and pioneer manuals..... very frustrated

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
Changed to spdif-out as default, (computer), 5.1 surround in Sound blaster, opti cable in assigned port on reciever, the correct port on the card, have sound thru headphones via rear jack, i have followed both the blaster and pioneer manuals..... very frustrated
This is probably a dumb question but have you tried it with the headphones unplugged? Some headphone jacks I’ve used disable other outputs when connected.

J

Joe1

Audiophyte
yes... its not a dumb question... i am totally stumped thank you

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
When I run into issues like this I try to start ruling out variables. Try connecting the optical cable to another source to make sure that’s working. If you get sound from another source via the same cable and input on the receiver, it’s not the cable or the receiver. If you don’t get sound from another source I’d try another cable, check input settings, etc. divide and conquer

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis