Help with Video Shielding

boead

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have a Sony 36&quot; XBR less then 2 years old. I had a bunch of M-Audio powered speakers around it for surround but recently swapped out the front main pair for an older set of Energy Pro22 speakers. These speakers are NOT shielded and are reeking havoc with the TV. They sound best just a few inches away on either side but they are producing all kinds of interference with the tube.

If I move them at least 18 inches away the effect is almost completely gone, at 24 inches it IS gone but now the speakers are almost 8 feet apart and it’s a problem. As I slowly nudge them closer the TV monitor starts to be effected.

My only option is to shield one of the two.

I can open the up the TV and run some sort of shielding down the sides of the tube as long as the shielding is thin and rollable (like foil wrap). Shielding the speakers will be much more involved. These Energy Speakers have enormous magnets within, I’ve never had such a problem like this before.

Where can I buy video shielding??</font>

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I've never had the experience of shielding the CRT of a TV, but I've heard that aluminum foils and tapes can do a good job of shielding speaker magnets. &nbsp;Wouldn't it be simpler and safer to shield the speakers than the TV? &nbsp;Just a thought, maybe lining the TV's plastic cover inside with aluminum tape will help.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis