Help with upgrade Klipsch

P

pcsolutionz

Audioholic Intern
My question here is about the upgrade path I'm planning. I currently run Klipsch Icon W series for front and center with Quintet surrounds. They stopped making them and I'm thinking about getting a full set of Reference 2 series with either towers or bookshelfs. I'm not sure if the Reference 2's are a good upgrade, whether towers or bookshelves for fronts or what size would be a good match with my LPA-1 @ 125×5 and 50×2. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
My question here is about the upgrade path I'm planning. I currently run Klipsch Icon W series for front and center with Quintet surrounds. They stopped making them and I'm thinking about getting a full set of Reference 2 series with either towers or bookshelfs. I'm not sure if the Reference 2's are a good upgrade, whether towers or bookshelves for fronts or what size would be a good match with my LPA-1 @ 125×5 and 50×2. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.
I think they would definitely be an upgrade. Higher quality components, probably lower distortion, and possibly better cabinets. Are you only interested in staying with Klipsch or are you open to other options? If you're open to other options, what's the budget? Are you swapping subs as well?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis