Help with TV to PC to A/V Receiver

B

Bigpops

Audiophyte
Hi
I have a TV which is HDMI outputted to the HDMI slot in my Gigabyte 787-D3H motherboard in my PC. Then I'm outputting an HDMI from my Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 to an HDMI input in the back of my Pioneer VSX-522. I cannot get any sound when I play Itunes. Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated. TIA

PS I have had this configuration working before but, I recently moved my whole system and now it's not working again:mad:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi
I have a TV which is HDMI outputted to the HDMI slot in my Gigabyte 787-D3H motherboard in my PC. Then I'm outputting an HDMI from my Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 to an HDMI input in the back of my Pioneer VSX-522. I cannot get any sound when I play Itunes. Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated. TIA

PS I have had this configuration working before but, I recently moved my whole system and now it's not working again:mad:
If you're playing iTunes on your computer, its HDMI output needs to go to the AVR, then from the AVR's Monitor port to the TV's HDMI input. TV's don't have an HDMI output- the only thing they send out is audio through an audio output or via ARC.

B

Bigpops

Audiophyte
Thank you, I got it working last night. The same configuration, just switched Itunes format from Windows session sound to direct sound

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis