Help with Settings on RX-A1020

T

Texashound

Audiophyte
I'm hoping that someone may give me a little advice regarding the most appropriate sound settings to use on my Aventage RX-A1020.

The receiver is connected to two Ascend Sierra-1 NRT monitors and a Rythmik Audio F12 sub. I use the system for TV, movies and music. Much of the TV and movies are streamed from a Plex Media Server to a Fire TV stick although I also stream programs and movies from Amazon and Netflix.

Amazon, Netflix and some of the OTA TV that I stream generally carries 5.1 audio while other TV content that I stream is generally AAC stereo.

So my question really revolves around which settings I should choose on the receiver to optimize the quality of the audio? For 5.1 content should I allow Plex to downmix the audio or should I passthrough the audio to the receiver and allow this to be done there? For stereo should I use the 2-channel stereo setting and if I do does this allow output to the sub as well.

Seems like there is a bewildering array of options for handling the audio and I'd appreciate any suggestions regarding the best settings for 5.1 TV/Movies, stereo TV and music.

Thanks in advance!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis