Help with setting up

S

Sunset717

Audiophyte
Someone please help me- i have tried almost everything- I am real fustrated because I am usually a wiz at follwong instructions and hooking up my electronic devices.

I have a cable box w/dvr a Poleroid tv- a phillips dvd recorder and a magnavox dvd player- why so many things???? I want the drd revorder to tape what I save from the dvr box and some dvd's that would be recorded from the dvd player- problem I can not get the dvr recorder to work. Can someone please tell me how to hook these up so everything works.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sunset, welcome to the forum!

We'll be able to help you much better if you let us know the model numbers for your equipment. That way, we can look up what connections are available.

Thanks.

Adam

S

Sunset717

Audiophyte
equipment models

ok lets see- where would I find the model for the cable box- I do see Scientific Atlanta- explorer 8300 on the front. (time warner cable)

The dvd player is a magnavox- model number mdv411/17

The dvd revorder is Phillips - DIVx

TV is a Poleroid FLM2011

much appreciated!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Alrighty, thanks for the info! I'm not sure which DVD recorder you have. Is it this one (link goes to Amazon.com)?

You mentioned that you can't get the DVR to work. I'm not sure that's a connection problem. Perhaps you meant the the DVD recorder won't record shows that you've saved on the DVR?

The "Getting Started" guide for the Explorer 8300 can be found at this link here. Page 12 of that PDF file shows the connections for hooking up the 8300 to a VCR and how to record from the DVR to a VCR. Those same connection would work for your DVD recorder (if it has those inputs), but you can probably go with better connections on the DVD recorder - namely, use the S-Video out on the 8300 to the S-Video in on the DVD recorder. You may even be able to use the digital optical output on the 8300, but let's discuss that after you've taken a look at the linked set-up guide.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Here's a link for a more in-depth connection guide for the 8300. I got both of those connection guides from the product page at this link.

If that is the DVD recorder that you have, then here is a link to the user manual.

I'm just supplying these in case you don't have (or lost) the manuals for these. I'll certainly still try to help you get it all connected.

S

Sunset717

Audiophyte
yes that is the dvd recorder I have - I tried to dconnect it but it doesn't show any picture when I try to watch a dvd - I will check out the links - thanks - I tried using the manuals for the dvd player and the dvd recorder but they look like greek to me.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You may just need to select the correct input source on the TV. How to do that is shown on page 14 of the manual (linked here).

S

Sunset717

Audiophyte
i tried all the input sources on the tv - doesn't work- has to be the way it's hooked up

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis