Help with set up please for home theatre

T

thegame2004

Enthusiast
I currently have 2 rf28 klipch floor speakers and I would like to get an affordable pair of bookshelf-speakers that have good wattage I don't need to have everything matching, but if it does that's great. I am looking to get a decent center speaker aswell. Lastly I am looking into having Dolby atmos and was seeing what is a good avr that isn't overly expensive that will do the trick. Currently looking for ideas so I can roughly see what the cost is for everything.

Thank you

Last edited:
WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
“Affordable” doesn’t tell us anything – it means different things to a teenager and a retired lawyer. What’s your idea of affordable?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

T

thegame2004

Enthusiast
“Affordable” doesn’t tell us anything – it means different things to a teenager and a retired lawyer. What’s your idea of affordable?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Well like I said, I am looking for suggestions more or less as right now I am looking to get something that can go with my rf28 klipch speakers as in bookshelf-speakers and a center. Also would like to have Dolby atmos which would getting a avr that supports that and I see that there are a few to choose from.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Klipsch sells center channel and bookshelf speakers, which will timbre match your Klipsch speakers better than speakers from other brands.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I currently have 2 rf28 klipch floor speakers and I would like to get an affordable pair of bookshelf-speakers that have good wattage I don't need to have everything matching, but if it does that's great. I am looking to get a decent center speaker aswell. Lastly I am looking into having Dolby atmos and was seeing what is a good avr that isn't overly expensive that will do the trick. Currently looking for ideas so I can roughly see what the cost is for everything.

Thank you
By bookshelf speakers, do you mean for use as surrounds? If so, are we talking 5 channels, or 7?
I could not find a Klipsch "RF28" speaker! There is KF28's and there is R-28F, and RF-82, but no RF-28! Please double check the number! Thanks!

Can you describe the room these will go in? Height by Width by Depth and how far back the listening position is from the front speakers.

A budget is useful. If you don't want to pin it down, give us a range of how much you would like it to cost and the most you are willing to pay!

Your Klipsch are pretty efficient (never seen a Klipsch that wasn't), so that is good news - most any AVR would probably be okay to drive them unless you add less efficient speakers.

Do you plan on using a subwoofer?

T

thegame2004

Enthusiast
Yes sorry it's the r-28f speakers that I currently own, I have seen some prices on the book shelf speakers by klipch rf-14 and the center r25c as for the size of the room I am not sure at the moment. I currently have a 10inch paradigm woofer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wattage spec won't tell you much, not as much as looking at sensitivity or an impedance graph, as far as what amp would be appropriate. Klipsch are fairly sensitive and generally avr friendly for many models.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis