Help with Pioneer VSX-1014TX

S

sab30

Audioholic Intern
If anyone has this model or similar could you please help to let me know if I may need warranty work, I just purchased 1 month ago. When watching Bell ExpressVu (in Canada) even on HDTV channels the signal is coming through as analog. The connection for the DVD works fine and picks up digital signal no problem. I tried selecting auto or digital for SAT/TV and the digital light starts flashing really erratically. The digital signal has been properly assigned to SAT/TV but nothing seems to work. I hooked up an older technics and it SEEMS to pick up a digital signal. Anyone else had a problem with this or any opinions would be great. Im assuming that some of these HD programs (eg CSI etc do broadcast in Digital in Canada)

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

Sab30

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Couple of quick ideas

What kind of cables are you using to make this connection? To get a digital audio signal you will need to be using a digital coax or an optical cable, your satellite receiver will need to have outputs for either one or the other, and the satellite receiver must have this option turned on.

To get a HDTV video signal you must use either component, DVI, or HDMI cables and your satellite receiver must have one of these outputs. I'm pretty sure that Starchoice only offers the component outs for now, and your Pioneer only has component inputs anyway.

My girlfriend's dad has starchoice, he has 2 boxes. An older box with only S-video and stereo connections, and a newer box with component and an optical output. The first time he bought a new box the optical cable was disabled (by Starchoice). Make sure your box's optical and component outs are enabled by contacting starchoice.

I don't think this is a problem with your receiver, but it could be. Good luck and let us know if you get it fgured out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis