Help with older MTX floor speakers AAL 2230

steiny123

steiny123

Audiophyte
I am looking for some help. I'm attempting to sell my MTX floor standing speakers that I got a while ago. I can't find out much about these speakers, and this is the reason for the post. The model # on the speaker is AAL 2230. These things are huge, almost 40" tall and they weigh in at around 65 - 70 lbs. I bought them about 4 years ago and love the sound that they can produce, but their size is just too much for me and my small apartment. Anyone know anything about these speakers?

annunaki

annunaki

What are you trying to find out? I would venture to say those are a dual 12" 4 way speaker??

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
CC or Best Buy sold them and they were very inexpensive. I think MTX may have used American Acoustic Labs drivers. That could be the AAL. I had a pair of AAL speakers in the 80's that had MTX labels on the front. Heavy, and very loud (spl around 98). Those types of speakers aren't "in" anymore for the reasons you stated, and the best you are going to do is to list them on ebay and hope a fraternity bids on them for their keg parties.

steiny123

steiny123

Audiophyte
Well, that is a lot more than I could find out anywhere else. I may post them around here for sale and put the word out to the local frat houses. Thanks!

B

Blueboy

Audiophyte
Mtxaal2230

steiny123 said:
I am looking for some help. I'm attempting to sell my MTX floor standing speakers that I got a while ago. I can't find out much about these speakers, and this is the reason for the post. The model # on the speaker is AAL 2230. These things are huge, almost 40" tall and they weigh in at around 65 - 70 lbs. I bought them about 4 years ago and love the sound that they can produce, but their size is just too much for me and my small apartment. Anyone know anything about these speakers?
I have had three pairs of these speakers and still have one working set.There rated at 300watt rms-600watt max.Depending on where you bought them new they ran between300-450$ apair. I just picked up my last set in a pawn shop for 125.00
Would be happy to make offer or talk with you at least. Hm ph.-785-827-0184 after 5:00pm. My name is Nick. Look forward to hearing from you. Don't check this site often, just happen to be looking for a part.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Blueboy said:
I have had three pairs of these speakers and still have one working set.There rated at 300watt rms-600watt max.Depending on where you bought them new they ran between300-450$ apair. I just picked up my last set in a pawn shop for 125.00
Would be happy to make offer or talk with you at least. Hm ph.-785-827-0184 after 5:00pm. My name is Nick. Look forward to hearing from you. Don't check this site often, just happen to be looking for a part.
Wouldn't count on a responce from him. This thread is over a year old and the original poster made his only two posts last year on this thread.:)

B

Blueboy

Audiophyte
Mtxaal2230

I have had three sets of these speakers and still have one working set. Power rating-300wattsRms-600wattsMax.New they ran anywhere from$300.-$450. apair. First set I bought was in 1999. Picked this last set up in a local pawnshop for a $125. Would make you a offer depending what the shipping runs and what they had been power by. Thats why they don't last me long, because I have three Carver amps and a Carver Cube, along with two other Kenwoods. They don't handle substained high wattage.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Blueboy said:
I have had three sets of these speakers and still have one working set. Power rating-300wattsRms-600wattsMax.New they ran anywhere from$300.-$450. apair. First set I bought was in 1999. Picked this last set up in a local pawnshop for a $125. Would make you a offer depending what the shipping runs and what they had been power by. Thats why they don't last me long, because I have three Carver amps and a Carver Cube, along with two other Kenwoods. They don't handle substained high wattage.
Uh,......yea.

melinda

Audiophyte
mtx

my name is melinda and i have been looking for these speakers for a while. i was wondering if you could give me some more information on them (i.e. price,method of pickup etc.) it would be greatly appreciated.

melinda

M

MTX SPEAKERS

Audiophyte
MTX AAL2230 600watts

38Hz-22kHz
Made is USA

I have a pair of these Monsters
Sound just a good as the day I bought them.
I live in the Twin Cites In Minnesota

If you are interested then hit me up.

Thanks

W

wasukasa

Audiophyte
Hi All, I have a pair of MTX AAL speakers that I bought in 1984. The model number is 2000. The woofers are blown but the other speakers are okay. The cabinets are 24" tall and are in good shape. I am looking for a good home for these speakers. Please let me know if you would like these speakers; I live in Michigan.

D

dutchboy1

Audiophyte
amplifier?

38Hz-22kHz
Made is USA

I have a pair of these Monsters
Sound just a good as the day I bought them.
I live in the Twin Cites In Minnesota

If you are interested then hit me up.

Thanks
Hi, can you tell me what the amplifier is that you hooked up to these speakers. I have a pair, never hooked them up the right amp.
Thanks

J

James B Kawasaki

Audiophyte
mtx

my name is melinda and i have been looking for these speakers for a while. i was wondering if you could give me some more information on them (i.e. price,method of pickup etc.) it would be greatly appreciated.

melinda
Hello. Let me know if you are still interested in the MTX AAL 2230 s. I have a pair with very little use on them. They have never been played loud for extended period of time. Only turned them up for demonstration purposes to show my friends. They were also rarely used for music. Mostly for movies at low volume since I have always lived in an apartment.

<Removed email address>

Last edited by a moderator:
Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
I'm sure Melinda still wants 'em, James...

I mean, it's been what, only 8 and a half years since she last posted...

Now, if it had been 9 years...
it might be a different story altogether...

But 8 and a half...
I'm sure you're still in luck...

She probably checks this thread everyday in anticipation of someone replying...

Your post to her will make the last 8 and half years of waiting worth every single second...

J

jjbm2001

Audiophyte
Hello. Let me know if you are still interested in the MTX AAL 2230 s. I have a pair with very little use on them. They have never been played loud for extended period of time. Only turned them up for demonstration purposes to show my friends. They were also rarely used for music. Mostly for movies at low volume since I have always lived in an apartment.

<Removed email address>
I no its been years but do you still have those speakers for sale?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis