Help with First system

K

kandyman78

Audiophyte
Hello,

I am interested in putting together a new Home Theater System. I'm just getting out of school so don't have that large of a budget yet but would like to be able to upgrade down the road. I already have a TV and DVD player.

Looking to buy:
Receiver
Sub
Speakers

I've been looking at the following Velodyne Speakers:
Velodyne
(Either the CHTs or the SPLs - not sure)
Any suggestions on these, plus on a receiver or sub would be very helpful.

Thinking of spending approx. $1000 give or take.

Thanks in advance.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
You need a bigger budget. Also, this is in the wrong forum area. You should make a new one in a more appropriate area.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
you can do pretty decent if you go to accessories4less.com

they have full-up Mordaunt-Short speaker systems (including a quality sub) for about $ 750 and Fosgate systems a little below that. I don't know much about the Fosgate sound quality.

while you are there, you can check out re-built Marantz 4300 or 4320 receivers for $ 259 and $ 299 respectively.

you might also go to shopping.com and get pricing on a Onkyo 501 or 601 (both are "last year's model") but they are giving excellent pricing on them as they are closed out.

you could also try bestpriceaudiovideo.com and put together a Harman-Kardon or Onkyo receiver and an Athena or JBL speaker system within your budget, which is pretty well regarded in most posts on this site.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis