Help with dual sub placements.

T

tclay77

Enthusiast
I have two Klipsh RW-12's. One is placed in the front and the other in the back. My room is 14 wide by 28 long. I was under the impression that the front sub should be set at 0 phase and the rear at 180 phase. I have a RS meter and I get more bass with both set at 0 phase, alot more. If I set each sub to 75db at the listening position, one at a time, then turn them both on I get 79db with both set to o phase, but with one at 0 and the other at 180 phase then I get 71db. Should I just leave them both at 0 phase? Wow

majorloser

majorloser

You want them both in-phase with each other. Try them both at 180 deg than at 0 deg. Whichever gives you the best perfromance is correct for your room.

Most likely it will be the 0 deg setting.

Multiple subs rock! :D

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
At what frequency did you get these SPL measurements. The best way to do it will be to set the phase for each sub in various positions and measure the FR from 10-200Hz each time and then use the setting that yields the flattest FR.

Don't forget to cut the subwoofer trim on the processor to bring the sub level to 75dB when both subs are on, unless of course, you are intentionally running them hot :D .

colin.p

colin.p

Audioholic Intern
I also have two subs. I have them in opposite front corners and both set at 0 phase.
When I was playing around with the set up and had the 10'' on top of the 12''in the same corner, I had to set one of them to 180. That was the first time that I found that changing the phase actually did something.
However, I must admit, I prefer them in each corner.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis