Help with Atmos and SVS Elevation Speaker placement

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Hello All

Can someone advice as to where to place these SVS Atmos effects speakers in my room?

See photo attached

Attachments

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

They should go here on the front wall.

I’ve seen them
High on the sides too...
can you post some pics of the room? More pics I mean.

E

Ed Mullen

Manufacturer
Mount the Prime Elevation speakers on the ceiling or high on the side walls (in the same horizontal plane) consistent with the speaker placement shown in this 5.1.2 set-up link.

Classify them as either top middle or top front - whichever ends up being the closest match.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Problem is. have a large window on the side so wiring might be tricky

Is the top front corner not good?

E

Ed Mullen

Manufacturer
Front heights are supported by your AVR as an option.

With that said supported doesn't mean optimal. The best location for your height effects channels is shown in the Dolby link I provided above.

With only one set of height effects speakers, placing them on the front wall will not result in the same level of immersiveness or overhead sound effects as placing them above the listening position per the Dolby link.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I agree with Ed’s advice, especially after seeing the room again. IMO, the mains are too close to the ceiling for that first placement to be effective. Another probably larger problem is both couches are along the side walls. IMO you will have mediocre performance no matter what you do.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Front heights are supported by your AVR as an option.

With that said supported doesn't mean optimal. The best location for your height effects channels is shown in the Dolby link I provided above.

With only one set of height effects speakers, placing them on the front wall will not result in the same level of immersiveness or overhead sound effects as placing them above the listening position per the Dolby link.
Are front heights1/2 on the Marantz AVR treated as Atmos in the mix? Netflix, Disney+, etc?

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Well I finally installed the top center elevations for height Dolby atmos

Now to find good atmos content on Netflix, Disney, Apple TV!

Happy to be in the 5.1.2 camp!!

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Gonna paint the wire though - its driving me nuts
I tried to hide it but no success

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis