Help with a DE Plan 300 Invisible loudspeaker and McIntosh Preamplifier

A

Andrés Coronado

Audiophyte
Hi, Iam new at this and I have a few questions, Iam not really sure if this is the right place to post this if it is not can you tell me where I can get the information I need? At my dad's office they did some cleaning and he found a DE Plan 300 speaker which I don't know if it works or not, can you tell me how test it and use it? also he found an old McIntosh Preamplifier Model C28 which I have no idea how to use can you tell me how to use all of these what extra things I need, where can i get them etc. Again if this is not the right place feel free to tell me where to post it, it can be even another site. Thanks

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The speaker is a transducer type which means it needs to be in contact with another surface (typically) to produce audio. They sound okay, at best, and are mainly used because they can be completely invisible within a room. They would be best for background audio where aesthetics matter more than actual audio quality.

DE Plan 300 | lb lautsprecher und beschallungstechnik gmbh

I would not use it, but would sell it if you can via Craigslist/eBay.

The C28 is like an A/V receiver except is has not amplifier built in to power a speaker, so an external amplifier would be needed. It is a VERY dated piece, but if it is working, will bring several hundred dollars via eBay.

If I wanted good stereo sound, then perhaps keeping the C28 might make some sense, but you would need good speakers and a good amplifier to get the most out of it. Not exactly an inexpensive way to go for a newbie. Instead, I would sell everything if you can, and use the cash towards a few new products if you are interested in getting into audio/video.

A

Andrés Coronado

Audiophyte
Thank you, any idea on how to price them? The C28 when plugged in lights up but can't really tell if it works, any idea on how to test it? It is also without the cabinet, considering all of this what could be the price of it?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis