Help! Where is the Sony VUCD E9000ES upgrade kit?

T

timobasche

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Is there anybody who managed to get the Sony VUCD E9000ES upgrade kit? It seems to be impossible to get it. Sony denies its existance, although they mention it on their homepage. No dealer seems to be able to get it. Its kind of frustrating to buy an expensive upgradable preamp like the tae9000es and then finding no way to get the upgrade. Can anybody help? Thanks a lot. Timo
&nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
S

steve

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Tim,

You really need to purchase this upgrade.  It comes with a much better remote, and is worth the money.  I wouldn't try to just download it from someone as you will not have the benefit of the remote.

And you are correct. &nbsp;Sony does indeed deny it exists. &nbsp;I really don't understand this when the box comes marked from Sony, the remote comes marked with a Sony logo, and the CD has the Sony logo on it. &nbsp;It's NOT a pirate software upgrade as it is put out by Sony, yet they deny it exists.

Odd, never figured this one out.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Thanks Hawke,
I received this message from OADE:
------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

The VUCD-E9000A has been discontinued, we no longer have any left available.

We do have the remote for the Kit in stock for $75, Shipping to Germany would be $45.

You can find a copy of the Software Here:

http://home.online.no/~espen-b/ta-e9000es/#firmware

Oade Brothers Audio
316 S. Broad St.
Thomasville, GA 31792
(229) 228-4480
(229) 228-0112 (Fax)
------------------------------------------------</font>

S

steve

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Thats a bummer.  So the remote is $75, plus $45 for shipping?

I'm not sure it's worth that much.  Download the software and see what happens.  You can always purchase a Universal Remote and program it.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis